25. How dare you...

Hello readers,

Welcome back to my Taejin au!!

We will be taking a peek into Jin's past in this chapter, so grab your tissues before you start!!

The parts that are italicized are either from the past / flashback or it is someone's inner thoughts!!

English is not my first language, hence expect spelling mistakes and grammatical errors.

*****

Jin entered the condo to find Jimin reading a book in the living room.

"Jin hyung...", Jimin jumped up from the couch excitedly.

Jin smiled, "Did you have your dinner?"

Jimin nodded and looked behind Jin, "How was your dinner with Junghoon? And where is V hyung?"

"He will be back soon. Now, go to bed", Jin walked past Jimin, after ruffling his hair.

Jimin noticed the gloomy look on Jin's face and caught his wrist, stopping him from climbing the stairs to his room.

"Is everything alright, Jin hyung? Why is V hyung not with you? You both left together, didn't you?", Jimin asked suspiciously.

"Chim...", Jin sighed, "I asked you to go to bed. We will talk tomorrow morning, okay?"

Jimin pouted, "Good night, hyung"

Jin patted the younger's shoulder and retired to his room. Jimin looked towards the door again in disappointment. He had been waiting for Taehyung to give the recipe book, which he had bought with Jungkook that afternoon.

"I guess I need to wait until morning", Jimin heaved a sigh and took the book back to his room, after throwing a worried glance towards Jin's room.

Jin entered his room and stripped off his clothes. He threw them into the laundry bin and took his towel to the bathroom. He stood in the shower and let the cold water hit his body, to wake himself up from the nightmare he had experienced. He then lathered his body with the most expensive body wash. It was strawberry flavored and the scent spread across the shower area at once. But neither the fragrance nor the soft foam or the cold water could calm down Jin's agitated mind that night.

Jin began his usual routine of scrubbing himself, which he had always followed every time he came back from his so-called dates with his targets. He rubbed the loofah against his skin a bit harder, trying to discard every speck of dirt that was sticking to his skin. But the dirt only seemed to penetrate his skin, as Taehyung's accusations of seducing and sleeping with his targets echoed in his ears repeatedly. He threw the loofah away in anger and began scratching his skin with his nails. 

Tears streamed down his cheeks and faint sobs escaped his lips, as Jin continued to assault himself, struggling to scrape off the filth from his body. But he felt even dirtier than before every time he remembered the look he saw on Taehyung's face. His conscience blamed him for every thing that Taehyung had accused him of, and Jin ended up hitting the wall and crying out loud in agony.