Chapter 9: New

Heart of Stone

Chapter 9

New

Bai He's eyes slowly opened. The bright Light hurt her eyes. She turned over burying her face in the pillow and she sat up. Slowly looking up over the top of the pillow did she finally see the room.

It was big.

The walls were Sapphires, and silver. The ceiling was high and the torches were lit.

Oh no, she knew where she was. She was stuck within these walls for some time now. This was what was left of that stupid mech that the Lady Bone Demon crafted.

She took a deep breath and looked from one end of the room to the other. Why was she here? Did Macaque save her?

She heard a short laugh, like someone was humoring her curiosity.

Bai He jumped from the silky blankets onto the metal floors. The room still had that burnt out smell it had before.

"Good morning, My lady." He got down on his knees, his forehead to the floor. She hated it, why was he being nice?

"What do you want?" Bai He asked.

The Mayor stood up looking down at her, the smile was no longer nice. Actually it looked most sinister.

"Your soul of course."

Bai He backed away from the Mayor who smiled down at her.

"Oh don't worry, I won't hurt you, you're the vessel for my empresses return to power. I can't harm you. Quite the contrary...I need you intact." He smiled and pulled a cart into the room. It had lots of different foods, and even tea.

"So you plan on feeding me to death?" She asked. He looked up and shook his head.

"Oh of course not." he leaned over the table and looked at her as he sat down. "You need your energy for the transformation ahead..."

This wasn't good...

(0)

Macaque's struggles were in vain. He hated strangleweed. As far as he knew it was long, spongy, and would hold onto the most strong of beings and drag you down. On land, or in water. But he figured the cold would have caused it to retreat. It wasn't until he felt the waters below did he realize just how warm the water was.

Closer to the surface it was freezing, but deeper down it was warmer near the vents.

Even though he still needed air. Unlike Wukong at least he could swim.

Being immortal had its advantages. He'd continue living if he drowned. But it just meant he would drown over and over again until his core energy wanes and he fades into eternity.

So he'd be like this for some time now.

There was a bright flash and something hit the water with great force. The staff hit the ground in front of him. Macaque grabbed hold of the staff and it pulled him back up.

He looked out of the water at MK who had the other end of the staff. He used it like an elevator. Kid was smart, that was for sure.

Macaque sat down on the snowy ground coughing up mud, and water.

"What happened? You should know where the lake is here, Macaque." Wukong chuckled. Obviously it was just one big joke to him.

"That damned lap dog took Bai He." Macaque coughed out as he stood up. "The Lady Bone Demons buddy took her and I don't know where he went." He took a deep breath and looked at MK who looked slightly concerned.

"I think...I might know..."