Child's Play

It was a typical Saturday morning, Sera over at John's house playing video games and eating a the junk food they could get their hands on at the moment. Seraphina was sitting on the floor, while John was upside-down on the couch, chewing gum and calmly looking at the screen in front of him. They were both playing Slappy Pig, and as usual, John was losing. It didn't bother him anymore at this point. But they were starting to get bored, especially Seraphina.

"Hey John," she started. "Truth or dare?"

He paused, before giving Seraphina an odd look. "No. You know how this ends—" He began, yet was interrupted by his friend.

"Come on, why not just have a bit of fun once in a while? It's been what, two months since the last time we've played?" Seraphina counted the days as John watched, a sceptical look on his face. This was bound to go haywire soon enough.

"You know what- fine. I choose dare, shoot. Give me whatever you have planned." He exclaimed, putting his hands in the air before crossing his arms. A dare is a dare after all, he will uphold it no matter the cause. It's the least he can do, if John's gonna associate himself with whatever heinous shit Seraphina can come up with, he's gonna have some fun while doing so.

"Ask out and successfully take Arlo on a date."
.
.
.

A pause.
.
.
.
"John?"
.
.
.
"Hello?"
.
.
.
"JOHN."

"WHAT. THE FUCK."

"It'll be funny!" Serpahina declared as John protested. "Plus, the worst he could do is punch you in the face or something."

"Okay, yeah. I see your point. But this one, seriously?" He asked, a perplexed expression clearly going to stay there for the rest if the conversation. Yeah, it would be fun! But getting beat up by the KING of all people would bring absolute humiliation.

"I'm being dead serious here. If he rejects you, I'll pay for all the Woba Boba trips for a month." Seraphina negotiated.

"And if he doesn't?"

"Uh.. you can think of a prize for that. I really wouldn't know what to do anyway." She shrugged, leaning on the couch.

"You know what...alright. I'll take you up on that offer." He said, making Seraphina's eyes light up with excitement.

"Really?! Well the-"

"On ONE condition." He interrupted again, putting up a finger. "I get to do it however I want."

This made Seraphina rethink the request. Letting him do what he wants during a dare is the usual, but for this? Everything had to be perfect. It would have to go EXTREMELY smooth in order for there to even be a possibility that Arlo would go out with a DUDE, no less. Does she even know he's into men?

For one of the first times, Seraphina was the one to hesitate.  'Would this actually be worth it-?' She thought to herself, biting her fingernails in exasperation. John sat above her, watching the gears turn in her mind with a smirk. He honestly had a plan for this in mind, and he almost never makes plans for anything until the last second. Maybe he'd enjoy this one more than the others.

"...fine. You can do what you want." Seraphina groaned, yet John happily cheered. Jumping off of the couch, he did a stupid victory dance to rub it in Seraphina's face.

"Why thank you, my dearest companion~!" He sneered, tone shifting to mock those of the medieval times just to show off his win. Seraphina put her head in her hands, completely ignoring the man dancing around her. It wasn't working in the slightest.

"Anyways, we better prepare for school tomorrow." John said. "Wouldn't want to miss any beauty rest to prevent me from acting~!"

"You can stop rubbing it in my face, y'know."

(Authors note: yeah don't be surprised that it's this short, it's 3 am here and it's my first public fanfiction. Please tell me if it's cringy, I'll work around those parts so it's actually good enough to continue 😭)