All In A Day's Work Pt.1

It is now Monday morning, and John was eager to start the day. Shocking-because what's he so happy about, being beat up by a bunch of mid-tier pricks at 7 in the morning? I know I wouldn't be. No one would, actually. But today's special for him. Today's the day the dare would be in effect.

He knew Wellston's famous cake was gonna be served during lunch, and he had the perfect, fool proof plan of his in mind (in reality he would just get to the cafeteria just before everyone else to get a head start and make them jealous). Fool-proof plan, I tell you! Hopefully this time his slice doesn't get dropped onto the floor.

But back to the present.

"First things first, appearance!" He spoke to himself, grabbing his usual hair gel and decided to not do the usual helmet, but to just slick some hair back to show off his jawline. Putting on a "reasonable" amount, as others would say. But hey, whatever floats their boat.

"Hey, I look better than expected!" He said, giving himself the finger guns in the mirror.

"Next up, uniform!" All John did was ditch the vest and fix the way he did the tie. How daring! "All this effort in my image just for a dare..." (It's- it's the literal bare minimum, but he isn't gonna let that get to his head...optimistic thinking!)

But other than that, John actually looked great. So he was pretty much ready to leave in a few minutes, just had to gather his things and put a small circular object in his pocket before turning the lights off and leaving his house.

҉  ҉  ✼ Time Skip✼  ҉  ҉

Now at school and walking the halls, John can already hear the whispers behind his back. Looks like his little change worked! It was kind of worth all the new-found attention, whether it be negative or positive.

Now all he has to do for today was avoid a fight that would ruin everything. Can't be too hard, right?

WRONG!

It was none other than the mighty Zeke and his goon strutting up to John like they where hot shit. I mean, in other terms they technically would be...

...anywho. John tried his best to just keep walking ahead, don't look at them and they'll piss off and realize they're not wanted around! Great plan, flawless execution.

WRONG AGAIN!

"Well what do we have here?" Zeke cooed, the smug asshole look already on his face. John did not want to deal with him at seven in the morning. So what did he do?

John ran away!
.
.
It was supper effective! Somehow! With a neutral, unwavering facial expression, John simply turned around and ran away to his first period class.

And his second...and his third...aaaall the way until it was finally everyone's lunch period. The school was serving its famous triple layered cake today, and John knew just what to do to at least gain one slice.

He got their earlier than everyone else, just like his original plan! One lunch had started, and the line got long, the black-haired boy decided to make the most of out of this privilege by making those behind him suffer. And by suffer, I mean wait in line for an obnoxiously long time.

"Hmmm...which slice should I get here...?" He mulled over, making more of the people behind him groan and shout out in agony. He's been doing this for fifteen minutes already. And to think he'd have his fill on five.

As soon as he saw those behind him on their knees in exasperation (which was ten by now), John finally found the 'perfect' slice of cake and grabbed it. But he also grabbed a second, as he was going to give it to a special someone.

It would be a waste not to give the second piece to someone, wouldn't it?

(AN: SOOOO this is finally out! 😭 I had to make sure there were absolutely no spelling mistakes because last time I checked the first part and saw I typed Aeraphina instead of Seraphina. AND ITS MY NAME TOO 😭😭 but anyways I hope you can enjoy this one, and I'll try and get chapters out faster 💃)