All In A Day's (Unfortunate) Work

Without much to realize (and without much to think), the fight quickly escalated into one John could not control that easily. In all actuality, he could hypothetically throw Gavin—the one with the stone skin ability, and coincidentally, one with a lame name— off the roof with minor injuries.

The other person, however...now that was to be a problem. Although his ability was useful—yet tacky— he didn't have the bodily protection Gavin did. He most definitely would either get extremely injured or killed if thrown off the roof. No one would quite care if it was the other way around, however...

John's train of thought was soon put to a stop, as he slowly yet surely began to realize he was blindsided. Sure, there were bound to be some blind spots in his form, but this was just COMPLETELY unnecessary.

He was stabbed through the chest, and the wound burned. It felt like his entire chest was set aflame at the exact moment of impact. And this guy was a mid-tier?!

Crone—which is who John would finally be able to name later— soon snatched his hand away from John after wounding him, smirking (yknow that bastard smirk? That.)

The black-haired teen didn't even get the chance to speak, he couldn't even if he tried. His lungs were on fire, and it felt as if he was coughing out ashes and blood. He wasn't in the best shape, mind you, he already had either a fractured or broken arm from trying to block Gavin. Not very effective, as per his first encounter with him.

By the time he fell to his knees trying to catch his breath, Gavin kicked him in the chest, pushing him onto the floor and making his back hit the small wall holding the fence. A trail of blood from other wounds followed, officially fucking up one of his uniforms. Wonderful.

"Get up, and you'll have a second hole in your chest," Crone sneered. Gavin, on the other hand, looked at him like he was INSANE.

"Are you crazy?! Just give him a black eye and let's get the hell outa here—" He whisper-yelled, stepping away from John's body. Despite beating him up, he still had the sense to know when enough is enough. Wow! (Pretty redemption arc worthy tbh)

Crone rolled his eyes, ignoring whatever sense Gavin had tried to share with him. "Who'll give a shit, man? He's just a cripple, no one's gonna bat an eye at him."

John coughed, shakily trying to stand back up. He knew he wasn't able to throw another punch, but it was worth some sort of a try. Adrenaline was high, but not for long.

"Fuck YOU—" He managed to spit out before getting kicked to the ground again. His wounds still felt like they were on fire, and that kick didn't help much at all.

"DUDE- you know what. FUCK you, I'm going to get someone to help him." Gavin said, flipping off Crone. Yeah, he knew he was a dick, but this was a train wreck in the making and he did not want to be on that ride.

Gavin made a run for the roof exit, Crone following soon after but more nonchalantly, as he could care less about what he did to that cripple. He was a cripple for crying out loud. He needed to learn his place in society!

Shamefully enough, both boys were too engrossed in their thoughts to acknowledge someone else, at that very moment, walking up the room steps.

               ︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

Arlo ignored the two people coming down the stairs. It wasn't his problem if one of them tripped and ended up hurting themselves. He technically didn't have to deal with that kind of stuff. Besides, he had other matters to attend to.

Taking a moment to gather his thoughts, Arlo opened the door to see...absolutely nothing pleasant.

John was on the ground in a somewhat fetal position, bleeding from excessive wounds to the chest, arms, and face, a harsh bruise on his left arm, and possibly more. There was already a small pool of blood forming around the left side of his face, which was bound to become worse if not treated.

It was extremely safe to say that the king was pissed. He was going to find out who did this one way or another, and make sure they get what's coming to them.

(AN:So this was meant to be published on Halloween but I had another horrible day and I couldn't bother writing SOOOOOOO
I'm not finished being mean to him. To ANY of them, actually. Once I bother myself to finish reading the webtoon again you will not hear the end of it from me 😈 bye bye<3)