The first cut is the deepest

A/N; nova robbins and any children and her storyline belongs to _X_Sammii_X_

•••

Madeline walked into the hospital with nova and Meredith. Nova was a new intern who started late and The three of them had become close since they had started their internship.

Izzie walked over to the three of them. "Why did you put up posters for roommates if you don't want roommates?" She asked as she looked to them.

Meredith rolled her eyes. "I do want roommates. But we're together 100 hours a week. You want to live together too?"

Madeline shrugged. "See now, I live in a hotel. I don't have that issue."

"Same here" nova said

Madeline rolled her eyes as she looked to izzie and looked to nova. "I'll see you inside. I need to get changed," she told her as she walked off.

Madeline walked into the changing room. She took out her phone and saw a text from Mark;

Can we talk.
I need to sort it with derek

Madeline ignored the text and sighed. She knew that mark was trying to use her to get to derek. She wasn't the go between and she wasn't going to let mark Sloan in her head not after what he and addison had done to her brother

She quickly got changed and left the changing room. She walked over to Meredith. "I see you're bringing a bribe now?" Madeline heard Cristina ask.

George looked to them. "My mom irons my scrubs. I have to get out of there," he told the group, wanting Meredith to give him a room.

Meredith shook her head. "It's not a bribe. I don't think it's a good idea," she told him.

"It's a total bribe," Cristina said, rolling her eyes.

Izzie looked to Meredith. "I can cook. And I'm an obsessive cleaner," she said as she moved in front of her.

Madeline rolled her eyes. "I think she said no. Deal with it," she told her as she leant against the nurses station.

Meredith sighed. "Look, I just want two total strangers who I don't have to talk to. Or be nice to. And it's not a bribe. It's a mocha latte," she said as she walked over to Bailey who was stood by Madeline .

Madeline looked around. But she couldn't see nova anywhere. She frowned to herself as She shrugged and looked to Meredith. "Bribery," she said as she walked over to Bailey.

"George, you're running the code team, Meredith, Madeline , take the trauma pager. Along with robbins when she turns up. Cristina, deliver the weekend labs to the patients. Izzie, you're on sutures," Bailey said as she assigned them their duties.

Meredith walked towards Bailey. "Dr Bailey. I was hoping to assist you in the O.R today. Maybe do a minor procedure. I think I'm ready. Mocha latte?" She said.

"If she gets to cut, I want to cut too,"

"Yeah me too."