160 | Secret Post

MAX CONTINUES TO LOOK through the list on Gavriil's laptop screen, trying to look for a name that might sound familiar to him. The list contained hundreds of white uniforms with a copy of what they posted online about J.S High. It would take forever if Max tries to check every single one.

    "This is impossible," Max complains, massaging his temple as he leaned his back on the sofa behind him. He closes his eyes and tries to think of something that might make his job easier, but as he was contemplating, he suddenly heard Keigo shout, "What?!"

    Max shots open his eyes as he looked in the direction of the kitchen. "What on earth are those two doing?" He asks before looking back at the laptop screen again, trying to ignore Keigo's scream. But as Max tries to ignore it, his curiosity ended up bothering him instead, so he sighs and finally stood up from the floor. 

     He scratches the back of his head and walked to the kitchen where the two underlings were found. He wasn't expecting much, but when he got there, he was surprised to see Keigo and Gavriil staring intensely at each other like they were moments away from fighting. The two didn't even notice Max's presence, so Max clears his throat, instantly making them turn their heads to face him.

     "I'm sorry but am I interrupting something here?" Max asks with his arms crossed, and Gavriil immediately pushes Keigo away so his lover wouldn't end up speculating weird things.

     "We were just talking," Gavriil answers, trying to just laugh it off. "Anyway, what are you doing here? Have you found anything?"

     "No, I'm still looking. I heard Keigo scream so I thought something happened," Max answers, and Keigo pushes Gavriil away this time and says, "Oh, so you were worried?"

    Max looked at Keigo weirdly and tried to ignore what he said while Gavriil was moments away from hitting him with a pan.

     "Whatever, I got curious for nothing. If there isn't anything wrong here then I'm going back. You guys should wrap things up." Max says, and before Gavriil and Keigo could even say anything else, Max walks away and heads back to the living room. As soon as he was gone, Keigo takes a deep breath and grabs hold of Gavriil's shoulder.

     "That was close. If things got a lot more heated, Max would have thought that we were a thing or something," Keigo jokingly says, and Gavriil looks at him with disgust before removing Keigo's hand off him.

     "Sorry if I shocked you a little about that confession. You got so angry all of a sudden so I thought I offended you," Keigo explains, but then he realized something so he looks back at Gavriil like he was some sort of criminal. "Wait, don't tell me you're actually homophobic? It's the 21st-century man. You gotta look at things with an open mind," Keigo suddenly assumes, and Gavriil clenches his fist in irritation.

     "What do you even think of me? I'm obviously not mad because of that," Gavriil defends. He wanted to explain that he was actually Max's boyfriend, but he still wasn't sure if Max is comfortable enough to share such things with people they barely know. Max hasn't even formally told Ari and his other friends about it so telling such a thing to someone like Keigo is the last thing that he'd want.

     And it's not Gavriil's place to out Max now. Gavriil just has to calm down and think rationally.

     "I wasn't expecting that the guy who confessed to Leigh would actually be him," Gavriil thought to himself before massaging his forehead in frustration. He then takes a deep breath and looks back at Keigo with a calmer expression.

     "I told you didn't I that I'm Leigh's childhood friend, so as his 'childhood' friend, I don't approve of you. You two don't match at all. If I were you I'd give up," Gavriil says, expecting Keigo to get mad at him, but instead, Keigo puts on a sad expression as he leans on the counter.