Chapter 7:

Getting ready for the tour was absolute chaos. Everyone was running around, shouting things, throwing things and cursing each other if someone forgot to pack something or put it in the wrong bag. The new people, whom I now knew as the roadies, were scurrying around and trying to stay away from Brian's wrath as he was still fuming from his broken flat iron and blow dryer. Jimmy tasked Brie with keeping track with me for a while and had even gone as far as assigning security around the clock for me while no one else was with me. Zacky was always jumping around from the studio, to the bus and to Brie, never too far away and always within a screams distance. Jimmy checked up on me, seeing me standing to the side awkwardly as Zacky and Brie held each other close and had their sweet moments.

"They make me sick sometimes." Jimmy grumbled as he stole me away for a few minutes, taking me out to the pool and sitting in one of the reclining chairs, pulling me down in front of him and sighing. "Sometimes, I don't even think touring is worth all this bullshit."

I sat up and turned towards him, frowning. "What exactly do you mean?" I wasn't sure if he was saying he wanted to give up, but I knew him better than that already. He didn't give up, and he certainly wouldn't ever let the fans down. He'd never stop playing the drums; he'd play them until the day he died.

"All this hassle right before we head out. Its always more than some of us can handle. Brian's blown up on Michelle twice already, all because she wouldn't let him borrow her straightener and hair dryer. She threatened to divorce him." He chuckled, "we all know she'd never do it. She loves him too much to leave him." His eyes went glossy, like he was thinking of something far off.

I snapped my fingers in front of his face and smiled. "What's got you all entranced?"

"Huh? Oh, nothing." He stammered out before pulling my face to his and kissing me lovingly. Hoots and hollers came from the door and I pulled away, blushing brightly as Jimmy groaned and kissed me again before getting up and following his friends and roadies into the house again, continuing the prepping for the tour.

Brie came out and smiled, her lips slightly puffy and her eyes bright, cheeks flushed. "You know, he's so different now. He'd be happy to just sit out here with you instead of breaking down his drums and helping the roadies load things up."

I glanced at her and smiled slightly, "it seems that way right now, but once he gets on the road again he'll barely want to be around me."

"Why would you think that, Mercy? You've got him hooked, bad. When you're in the room his eyes are on you; Zack looks at me like it too and I know I've got him hooked." She muttered smugly, looking around to make sure no one had heard her, specifically Zack himself.

I didn't get a chance to reply. Jimmy was back, wrapping his arms around me and kissing my cheek. "Whatchya guys talking about?" His voice was bright and happy, almost like a little kids as his arms tightened and he swayed us back and forth, making me blush at the affection shown in front of Brie.

"Nothing now," Brie murmured with a smug smile, grabbing my arm and pulling me away from Jimmy. "You need to finish helping them with getting ready. Anyways, you interrupted girl talk." She lied smoothly, grinning at Jimmy's disgusted and horrified look.