Chapter 2:

As I slowly drifted into awareness I felt strong arms holding me and a thumb circling along my upper arm calmingly.

"When do we question her? Jimmy you know we have to when we get her settled."

The one holding me quietly murmured, "I know we need to, what I don't know is how she'll respond to the questions... She's been abused for God knows how long and now everything that she was used to has been ripped from under her. I want this scum in prison just as much as you do Matt, but if she defends him then we have no hope of proving he did anything,"

I opened my eyes, seeing a pair of ice blue eyes and a small, warm smile, and groaned as I felt new bruises and tender spots.

"Hi there... You've slept a long time, we're pulling up to the safe house now."

I looked out the window as the SUV stopped, staring at the large house and snowy woods surrounding it.

"Come on...It's getting cold in here already and you need to be seen medically."

Officer Sullivan helped me off his lap and softly encouraged me to let someone, an officer whom he called Johnny, help me out of the truck. My bare feet hit the snow and sent a searing pain through my legs, making me yelp in pain.

"Brian, don't scare her-" It was too late as a man came up to me and quickly scooped me into his arms.

I looked up at him with wide eyes, not completely sure how I should react. His smile was absolutely perfect and warm, making me blush slightly.

"Brian!"

"Jimmy, shut up!" The man, Brian, snickered and started to carry me towards the house.

Jimmy came up and held is arms out, reaching for me and asking at the same time.

I nodded and let him take me from Brian and into the warmth of the safe house.

"Arin said there was a change of clothes upstairs for her and that he'll check out her wounds after she changes." Johnny smiled and bowed his head slightly and plopped down on the couch next to the guy named Matt.

Jimmy took me upstairs and into the master bedroom, setting me down on the bed gently he murmured, "change and let me know when you've finished so I can go get Arin. Okay?"

I nodded and let the blanket and towel slide down my body before he could even get up, getting dressed quickly and not peeking at him until I had my shirt on.

Before he could say anything there was a knock on the door and Jimmy got up and let in who I could only assume was Arin.

He was younger than the rest of the guys; skinny and lanky with curly hair that was long and untamable. He was a handsome man, but all of them were.

"She looks-" he stopped when Jimmy glared at him.

"How she looks is no ones concern but her own."

But it was obvious that I knew I looked like hell as I stood there in shorts and a tank top, bruised and scarred skin showing. My lip had split and was slowly seeping blood again.

Arin sat me down on the bed and started to clean the wounds that were visible. I tried to keep my eyes from anything in particular but they kept straying to Jimmy as he leaned against the wall, watching Arin bandage and clean my many wounds.

Arin finished and looked at Jimmy. who nodded.

"Is it okay if we ask you a few questions?"