Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 4: Dᴀᴅ?

Warning ⚠️: Language, blood

30 minutes later

Lightbulb's Pov
I saw Fan sobbing. He was really trying. I started crying hard.. I'm just watching. I have to help. But how? I know! Electrocution can wake someone up! I've seen movies use electricity to wake up people! Sometimes..

As I walked up to Paintbrush I hugged them and started to use my powers to try and wake them up. When I did that, I just saw them start to levitate.

I was about to give up but then at that very moment, I saw them get back to the ground safe and sound. As I caught them I saw their eyes open up. It was back to normal! This seemed like a miracle to me! I cannot believe that they just turned back to normal. I wonder what happened anyways? Maybe we are just crazy!

Earlier

Paintbrush's Pov
When I saw his hand out he started speaking.

"You will join me. Just like my wife." He said.

"What do you mean!? Did you kill your wife?" I ask.

"Wow! Lucky guess. Once you die, I will have you under MY control." He grinned.

As he started levitating me, he had a big grin on his face, but that changed when he stopped, he gently put me back down on the ground.

And I saw him start levitating. Then he got flunged at the wall. And then I was out of my mind. I was back..it took me a couple to actually wake up, as I opened my eyes, I saw Lightbulb smiling, I think something happened when I was gone because she started to tackle me with hugs, when I tried to stand up, she just tackled me back down. Which was kinda endearing to me.

But I'm still wondering why he stopped and what or who stopped him.

Yang's Pov
As I watched Lightbulb, Fan, and Paintbrush hug it out, I smiled. I'm glad that Yin and I made it before they got killed. I wonder what made them levitate like that anyways.

Maybe we should talk to Paintbrush about it. Maybe they will tell us about the person.

Okay?

As we walked to Fan and Paintbrush's room, I knocked on the door before going in, after all, it was their room and they could say no. They both said yes I could come in, so I went in.

"Paintbrush?" I ask.

"What is it Yin-Yang?" They responded.

"Who or what made you levitate?" Yin questioned.

"Oh! It was a guy. He had dark red horns, red skin, long demon tail, and dark black eyes." They described.

But then I realized something. It kinda sounded like someone I knew.. too much about. A family member..

Father..

"THAT DIP SHIT IS STILL ALIVE!? Yang, calm down it's not a big- AND YOU SHUT THE FUCK UP I DON'T CARE IF IM CURSING, I THOUGHT THAT EXCUSE OF A FATHER DIED." we argued.

Yin shut up real quick. Which meant that I won the argument. But at what cost?

I felt like tearing up but I didn't. I don't want to cry just because of arguing about our father.

Paintbrush's Pov
I saw the two very quiet so I decided to get rid of the silence and get to know who Yin and Yang's father were.

"What did your guy's father do to you?" I ask.

"Oh! He's done a lot. He is the reason why Yin and I are stuck together. Just because of a stupid experiment. Mother got mad and started an argument with him that very night. But little did we know that night was the last time we would ever get to see Mama. LO ODIO DAVVERO."
They explained to me.

The last part I did not understand. I think it was Italian? Wait, are they from Italy?

"Wait, what was the last part you said?" I asked.

"Yang said 'I hate him' in Italian, he said a bad word with it. Not my fault that he is how he is." They say.

"Well, what can we do to stop him?" I questioned.

"We will need a little time. For now, we should just forget about it for a while." They reply.

"Oh okay" I say.

Night

Fan's Pov
I was really glad that Paintbrush was fine. They could have died!? I know that I don't know him as much as I think I do but he seems nice. Or is he a girl? Ah- whatever. Test Tube thinks that he is a girl, but I think he is a boy.

Anyways, I'm really glad that he is still alive! I mean, after all, he could have died a horrible death!

As I was thinking, someone was trying to talk to me for the last couple of minutes.

"Fan! What do you think?" Paintbrush asked.

"Huh? Oh, sorry Paintbrush. I was just thinking, what gender are you?" I pondered

"I'm Nonbinary. Please call me they, thank you" they said.

"Oh! Sorry, I thought you were a boy." I apologized.

"That's okay, a lot of people assume my gender. Just tell Test Tube and Lightbulb about that, please" they implied.

"Okay!" I exclaim.

As I entered Test Tube and Lightbulb's room, I see what they are doing. Lightbulb was listening to music, Test Tube was just doing her own thing, which was just working on a new experiment.

As I walked up to Test Tube, I told her about Paintbrush's gender and their preferred pronouns. She was shocked and also nodded to use their pronouns. When I told Lightbulb next, she just stood there, then she finally said something. She said that she already used their pronouns since she said that she didn't like assuming genders, which I have to admit is a very good idea.

When I went back into the room I saw Paintbrush. But they weren't the same. Their eyes were red. It was like they were mad.

(A/N: Woah, I just realized how terrible this writing was. I hope you enjoyed it though and vent to me anytime!  )

-1051 words.