Chapter 20

Diana's POV

I walk into Alexander's office with his usual food that I get every morning from the nearby cafe; croissant, sandwich and a coffee. And a hot chocolate which he forces me to get for myself after finding out I like them so much.

"Thank you Diana" He says as I place his food on his desk. I shoot him a smile, before starting to walk out of the office but he calls me back.

"Diana come here," He tells me. Confused, I walk back over and stand in front of his desk. "Yes?" I ask, wondering what this could be about.

Please don't be another work event.

"Come here" He repeats, and I stare and him confused before slowly walking around his desk and standing right in front of him. He's sitting in his desk chair, looking at me with a mischievous smile on his face.

"I want you to kiss me" Alexander tells me, and I stare at him surprised. After our conversation yesterday, he sent me home early. And we haven't spoken about it yet today, which is understandable, since it's still only nine am.

I'm a tiny bit confused whether we are dating or not. He did ask me to be his, but last night I was thinking and began to worry he didn't actually ask me to be his girlfriend.

"What?" I mumble. "I am your boyfriend right?" He whispers with a smile, and I had to suppress the big smile that wanted to appear on my face. I nod my head.

"Then kiss me" Alexander tells me, and I take a deep breath before slightly stepping forward. I lean down, placing a hand on his cheek before gently pressing my lips to his.

I go to pull away, but he grabs hold of my jaw and keeps me still. My heart is going crazy, still not used to kissing him despite the fact we've done it on quite a few occasions now. Truth be told, I don't think I'll ever get used to kissing this man.

After a minute he finally lets me go, and I reluctantly pull away, only because I'm in desperate need of air. I open my eyes and am met with his gorgeous green ones. I can't help the smile that spread onto my lips.

"Will that be all sir?" I whisper, and his jaw slightly clenches as a grin spreads into my face. His hand moves to grab me, and I laugh while quickly running back out of his reach.

"We have a meeting in ten minutes. Better eat your food quick" I tell him as I grab my hot chocolate off of his desk, and walk out of his office, ignoring the fact I can feel his eyes on me.

I sit down at my own desk, checking my emails as I sip my hot chocolate that has cooled down to the perfect temperature.

Just as I finish the last of my warm beverage, Alexander steps out of his office. I check the time on my computer and see it's time to head down for the meeting.

I stand up, walking over to Alexander who's standing in front of the door to the stairs waiting for me.

"Ready for an hour of boredom?" I ask, and he chuckles. "As ready as you can be" Alexander says and I smile.

He opens the door for me, and I smile as I walk past him. The meeting is on floor fifty-eight, so there are not that many stairs we have to go down.

"Alexander?" I say, needing to ask him something. "Alex" He corrects. "My friends and family call me Alex," He tells me, and I smile.

"Alex," I say, and he hums. "Can-..actually never mind it's not important" I change my mind last second. It's probably not the best time for this.

We reach the door to fifty-eight, and I go to open it but I'm stopped when Alex places a hand on the door, keeping me from opening it.