Chapter 34

Diana's POV

Opening my eyes, I'm met with an emtpy bed.

Sitting up immediately, I look around the room, and release a breath of relief when I see I'm safe.

Tucking my knees to my chest, and wrap my arms around myself.

Alex..is in a mafia.

A fucking mafia.

He kills people. I saw him holding a gun like it was nothing.

Standing up, I walk to his bedroom door, quietly stepping out and walking down the hall.

A door to one of the bedrooms opens, and I freeze in my spot. I was hoping I wouldn't run into anyone.

A relax when I see Casey, who stops when he see's me.

He then quickly walks over to me, hugging me tight. "Thank god you're okay" Casey mumbles, pulling away and looking at my face, inspecting it for injuries.

"You must be hungry-"

"I want to go home" I tell him. He looks taken back.

"Really? You dont want to go hug the boyfriend?" He asks confused. "Please Casey" I whisper, and he nods.

"Of course, of course. Lets get you home" He shoots me a smile, holding my hand as we slowly decend down ths stairs.

When we reach the bottom, we walk to the front door. Casey opens it, just as my name is called.

"Diana?" I turn, seeing Alex walk out of the kitchen slowly, looking confused.

"I'm going home" I tell him, and he stops walking. Which I'm greatful for. The closer he gets the more I want to hug him. To cuddle into his chest while his arms envelope me in.

"Are you okay?- Fuck, is this about the mafia things?" Alex asks, and I drop my eyes to the floor.

"I'm going to go" I whisper.

"Diana please just let me talk to you first" Alex pleads, taking slow steps towards me.

"Goodbye" I mumble. "Diana wait-" He walks over, but Casey quickly stands infront of me.

"Back off" He tells Alex. Alex shakes his head. "I mean no harm, I just want to talk-"

"I know. But she doesn't. Put yourself in her shoes. She needs space" Casey tells him. Alex's eyes flicker to mine.

"Please Diana" Alex mumbles. I look away.

"She's ring you, if, and when she's ready" Casey tells him, and Alex sighs. "Okay" He nods his head, running a hand through his hair.

I take small steps over to the front door, before opening it. I turn, seeing Casey and Alex talk about something quietly.

Before I can say anything, Casey walks over, gently placing an arm around my shoulder and leading me outside.

We walk over to my car. I stare at it confused. It was at the office car park, how did it get here?

Casey opens the passenger seat, and I get inside. He closes the door behind me.

Looking out the window, I spot Alex standing in the doorway, looking at me sadly.

I look away while Casey gets in the car.

He begins driving off, and in the rear view mirror I watch as we drive further and further away, Alex getting harder to see by the second.

My eyes sting with tears, and I bite my lip, turning to look out the window as I silently cry.