- Training camp

Bold = English

Italic = Chinese

Bold+Italic = I-land voice

'..' = Conversation

"..." = Tv/screen voice

---- = time skip

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Camp time!' The 6 boys and I walk into the building we will be calling home for a week. The other boys will be joining us later as they are preparing for the stage. 'Place your bags down here and go outside.' 'Okay.' I place my bags down next to Jake's and wait for the others. After being locked in a house with so many boys  it's nice to be outside again. Yes we have a terrace but we can't feel the grass and run around. 'Freedom!' I run away from the 6 boys and they quickly run after me. 'You better run faster if you don't want to get caught kiddo!' I'm an ex-archer not a runner. I try to speed up but fall, right on my face. 'Ah shit!' I start laughing loudly as it doesn't hurt at all but the boys think differently. 'Joy!' Sunghoon, Jungwon and Jake rush towards me, being even faster than K which is something you will never see again. 'Are you okay?' I keep laughing and nod. 'I'm fine, my ego just toke a big hit.' The boys sigh while shaking their hands. 'You scared us.' I chuckle and ruffle Jungwon's hair. 'Don't be worried about me Jungwon-a.' 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Oppa!' Seon just came outside and I'm already holding on to his arm. 'How did it go?' 'It went well.' I smile. 'Noona!' 'Sunoo-ya!' The next 20 minutes are filled with me hugging the GROUNDERs and telling those that I know how much I missed them. I asked the couple boys I didn't know yet if they were okay with me giving them hugs and most luckily were. I'm sitting in between Jimin and Hanbin while we watch some of the other boys dance to random K-POP songs. 'Okay next song, 7 people. EXO Love Me Right.' I get up and stand in the middle but no one joins me. 'Noona!' 'Joy-a!' 'Am I the only one that knows the choreo?' 'Are you fine with doing it alone?' I nod. 'Always.' The woman nods and starts the song. My mind goes on 0 as I dance to the song, just like practice and on stage, my mind is focused on the choreo, lyrics and beat. I see myself smiling as I dance the whole song on my own. For 3 minutes I feel free yet powerful. Just me proving that I am much more than just some girl in a survival show with boys. The song comes to an end and I hear the boys cheer me on. Let's have some fun next time. The song ends and I sit back down next to Hanbin and Heeseung. 'Next song. 5 people. NCT DREAM Go.' I get back up. This is the perfect song to show more of myself. To show I can do a lot of concepts. Jake, Ni-ki, Ta-ki and Daniel join me. The song starts and once again I let my mind go on 0. A camera comes closer to us and films us, probably for the video they told us about. To show viewers of I-LAND that we all like each other. Nice, time for my charms. As I stand in the center the camera focuses on me first. I wink and blow a kiss to the camera making the boys scream and cheer. I smirk at their reaction and keep dancing. The boys watch me in awe the rest of the song. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Everyone, we're here for team building training.' It's already the last day and the staff told us it was going to end with a barbecue with everyone. Daniel is on my right side and Kyungmin on my left, both holding my hands. I know I got the nickname I-LAND Eomma but it feels a bit to real with the maknaes around. I bring my focus back on Jay. 'Let's get into groups and assign roles. What do we have to do?' 'Ramyeon.' 'Veggies.' 'Meat.' 'Seating plan.' 'Cheerleaders.' 'If everyone's okay with it, I want to be the leader of the grilling team.' We all agree. Jay shows his lovely smile. It's that Jake already took my heart otherwise I'm sure Jay would have it. 'Heeseung makes amazing ramyeon.' 'Right.' 'I really like ramyeon and make it a lot, so I'll volunteer.' 'Nice.' We go on to decide the teams. EJ, Jake and I decide to be the cheerleaders. Which kind of means free time. I just have to follow the other around and record them, easy. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Oh Jay-a, smells good!' I hold the camera close to the meat. When I turn it up to record Jay he gives me a smile and thumps up. 'Try it.' Jay feeds me a piece of beef. 'Wha. So good!' 'Really?' The grilling team looks at me and I nod. 'The best.' They smile and continue. I turn to K and Seon who are sitting down. 'Oppas, already done?' 'It's not hard to pick the seating plan when everyone is the absolute best.' I nod. 'Come here.' K holds my hand and pulls me on his lap. I turn the camera around letting it film us. 'My favorite girl.' I look at him. 'Yah, I'm the only girl in I-LAND.' 'I don't just mean in I-LAND, in the world.' 'Aish.' I try to stand up but he hold me down. 'Lets cuddle.' I chuckle and turn the camera off. 'Fine.' 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I rest my head on EJ's shoulder. 'Getting tired?' I nod. 'Stay awake.' He moves his shoulders up and down making me let out an annoyed groan. Some of the boys look at us. 'Yah, kiddo, you okay?' 'He won't let me sleep.' The boys laugh. 'Joy-a, stay awake. We are still recording.' I sigh but sit back up. Jake puts his hand on my leg. 'You can rest later okay.' I nod. 'Cute.' I look at him. 'You're pouting.' 'I'm not.' 'No? Then what is that.' 'Okay maybe I am.' He chuckles and hold my hand under the table. This boy will be the end of me!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Isn't nice to be outside after practicing everyday?' 'Super nice.' 'Really good.' 'It was supposed to rain today but it didn't.' 'I had no idea we would be this good.' 'When we were on chores duty didn't we only clean?' 'Right?' The only thing I really hated from this week, the chores duty. I-LANDERs can be happy with K and Jay, they keep it clean. Everyone else is a mess! 'But we didn't do anything else than cleaning. Didn't Kyungmin put ice in the fridge?' 'Yeah.' 'And someone helped with Yoonwon.' 'Right.' Oh Yoonwon. He left the first day of camp because his leg injury got worse. 'What!' I look at Heeseung with widen eyes. 'is that an award certificate?' We start laughing as he gets the two certificates. 'This certificate of award is presented to the person who did the best job on chores duty!' Well, not me! Jungwon get's up and helps Heeseung. 'The certificate of award no.1234, Lee Geonu.' He gets up and stands in front of Heeseung. After some more words and the second award going to EJ we finish filming. 'One last group picture everyone. Come together.' We do as told and stand close to each other for pictures. This was honestly the best week of I-LAND so far! No competition, just having fun!