Snake Lady and Garden Gnomes

"That sounds... interesting." Connor said. The trio laughed out, "Oh itdefinitely was." Ariadne answered. 

In a way, it's nice to know there are Greek gods out there, 

"Aw thanks kid." Hermes said smiling.

Because you have somebody to blame when things go wrong. 

"Aw thanks kid." Hermes said smiling.

For instance, when you're walking away from a bus that's just been attacked by monster hags and blown up by lightning, and it's raining on top of everything else, most people might think that's just really bad luck; when you're a half-blood, you understand that some divine force really is trying to mess up your day. 

Hermes shrugged his shoulders, "She has a point."

So there we were, Annabeth and Grover and I, walking through the woods along the New Jersey riverbank, the glow of New York City making the night sky yellow behind us, and the smell of the Hudson reeking in our noses, Grover was shivering and brown leaves falling from his hair, and his big green eyes turn brown and full of terror. "Three Kindly Ones. All three at once."

"Man has he changed." Ariadne said.Annabeth agree wholeheartedly. You couldn't even compare thesmall scrawny Grover to the Lord of the Wild.

 Annabeth kept pulling us along, saying: "Come on! The farther away we get, the better."

 "All our money was back there," I reminded her. "Our food and clothes. Everything."

"And you guys survived?" Katie questioned. 

"Well, maybe if you hadn't decided to jump into the fight-" 

"What did you want me to do? Let you get killed?" 

"You didn't need to protect me, Ariadne . I would've been fine." 

"Sliced like sandwich bread," Grover put in, "but fine." 

Everyone snicker while Annabeth blushed. She glared at everyonebut only the ones that didn't know her flinched. Her close friends justthought she did not look scary sporting her blush.

"Shut up, Goat boy," said Annabeth . 

Grover groaned mournfully. "Tin... a perfectly good bag of Tin cans." 

Now Grover was blushing deeply while everyone else laughed.

We sloshed across mushy ground, through nasty twisted trees that smelled like sour laundry. 

After a few minutes, Annabeth fell into line next to me. "Look, I..." Her voice faltered. "I appreciate your coming back for us, okay? That was really brave." 

"We're a team, right?" She was silent for a few more steps. 

"Yeah and a kick ass team at that." Leo said smiling. 

"Oh definitely!"Everyone agreed.

"It's just that if you died... aside from the fact that it would really suck for you, it would mean the quest was over. This may be my only chance to see the real world." 

"Wow Annie so sympathetic." 

"Shut up Thalia!"

The thunderstorm had finally let up. The city glow faded behind us, leaving us in almost total darkness. I couldn't see anything of Annabeth expect a glint of her blond hair. 

Reading About The Child Of Artemisजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें