Cold Cold Cold

Will was sitting with his back against the wall in his bathroom, the lights off. After a moment the texture of the wall made him want to rip his skin off so he pushed himself away and curled into a ball on the hardwood floor. His knees pressed into his face tears streaming down his cheekbones, staining the collar of his t-shirt. He was extremely pale and struggling to breathe. It's 11: 32 AM I'm in Wolf Trap Virginia and my name is Will Graham. He repeated the exercise his psychiatrist had taught him over and over. Though it helped him calm down when he was pulled back from disisosiating he learned it didn't help when he was having a meltdown. He'd been in this state for over an hour and couldn't calm himself. He rocked back and forth hoping it would ground him.

"Jesus christ just stop it!" He screamed at nothing. His house was empty besides the worried patter of dog feet. The door was closed as he couldn't handle being rushed by all his dogs, he didn't know how he'd react. Some of them were barking and it sounded like someone sanding wood. He shook his head violently, he knew this would only cause him harm. To solve both problems he put his hands over his ears, stopping the grating sound and protecting his head.

His chest was tightening and he saw static. He become hyper aware of how suffocating his shirt was so he ripped it off himself. He was a sweaty mess and overheating.

He lay there on the cold wood floor for what felt like days, breathing in and out and rocking his head slightly with what little space was in-between the floor boards and his hands. Hannibal will be home soon. Hannibal will be home soon. He repeated trying to comfort himself. And as luck would have it a door opened not a second after.

"Will, dear I'm home." Hannibal called out. He came through the door carrying a bag of fruits, vegetables, and wines. He walked to the kitchen and set them down on their granite counter. He looked around but couldn't find Will. All of the dogs weren't there either.

"Will?"

He walked towards their bedroom and found the onslaught of dogs standing, sitting near, clawing, and whining at the door. He knocked on the wood.

"Will? Are you ok in there? If you don't answer in five seconds I'm coming in." Of course their was no response Will had lost the ability to speak anything beyond a quiet murmur.

Hannibal counted,

One...

Two...

Three...

Four...

Five...

No response.

Hannibal opened the unlocked door. Nothing. Then he looked down.

"Oh baby. It's okay. You're going to be okay. I'm here now." he said rushing towards Will.

"Can I touch you?" he always made sure to ask. Will tried his best to nod. He scooped Will up in his arms with ease.

"Let's get you some place more comfortable." Will was shaking and trying his best to remember to breathe.

"Gosh boy you've got a bad fever." he said brushing his large hand across Will's forehead. The other man just pushed himself further into Hannibal. Trying to melt into him. Will felt himself calming if only just the slightest. Listening to Hannibal's comforting whispers and his steady heartbeat. Hannibal was his safe house, Hannibal was his home.