Will you hug me?

Will sat in his living room on his bed. His foot was rhythmically hitting the floor with enough force to be painful. He was humming to himself and with every offbeat, his head would twitch to the left. He got up and went into his kitchen. He opened his cabinets and reached for the nearest bottle of whiskey. He didn't bother getting a glass. He popped the cap off and took a swig to try and calm his nerves. Today was a big day and Will's stims had been setting him off this morning. Hannibal was coming over tonight. The first time he'd be spending the night. Will didn't know what to do and was having trouble regulating his emotions. He walked back over to his bed and crouched down and slid to the floor. His back slanted against the bed, his knees level to his chest. Barefeet sliding on the shiny hardwood floor. He fished for his phone in his front pocket and decided to call Hannibal. Maybe he could reschedule. The phone rang once and then a thick Lithuanian accent sounded through his quiet house.

"Will, dear?"

"Uh, hey Hannibal," he said. He was unsure of how to start this conversation. His communication skills seemed to have left him.

"Hello, mieloji. Do you need something?" Hannibal asked. A cheerful buzz in his tone. There was silence for what Will perceived as hours but was probably only fifteen seconds on his side of the line. "Will are you okay? Do you need me to come over sooner dear?" Fuck. This is exactly what he wanted to avoid. Though the thought of Hannibal's warm embrace did sound very comforting right now. Maybe he was overthinking things.

"I'm fine Hannibal. J-Just calling to see how you're doing I guess." His lame attempt at a cover-up didn't go unnoticed by Hannibal. He heard a sigh on the other end.

"What is it, boy? What's on your mind? It's okay take your time if you need." That tone of voice always made Will whimper and become docile.

"I'm just nervous I guess and overstimulated. You've never spent the night here before. And I-I I'm not saying I don't want you or anything but I just I-I uh." Will's breathing got heavier, he was on the verge of hyperventilating.

"Hey. Hey. Will calm down, take a deep breath for me." He did as he was told. It helped a little.

"I'm sorry." He muttered, kicking his feet at the ground. He hated when he got like this around Hannibal. He didn't want Hannibal to see him as a child having a tantrum.

"You don't ever need to apologize for sharing your thoughts with me Will. I know you're probably nervous. I apologize for not talking to you about it more to maybe alleviate some of that. But you and I do not have to do anything you don't want to tonight. We don't even have to hold hands if you don't want to."

"But I like holding your hand." Will pouted. Hannibal smiled switching his phone to the other hand.

"I know you do and so do I. I'm just saying I would never make you do anything you don't want to Will. There is no need to worry about that. If it's troubling you so much I don't have to spend the night tonight. We can just have dinner then I can go home." That was what Will had called about. To do a raincheck. Tell Hannibal he didn't want him to spend the night. But now he was on the opposite side of the fence. He wanted nothing more right now than to hold Hannibal. To let him comfort him.

"No," he said. Louder than he realized. "I-I want you here. I was just worried about all that stuff but if you say it's up to me I guess that makes me feel better. I just don't want to make you have to wait. We've been together a while and I know that couples usually have uh s-sex around this time..." he trailed off, severely embarrassed. He didn't know why but saying that word to Hannibal brought burning butterflies to his stomach and made him want to curl into a fetal position and never wake.

"You're not making me wait for anything, my dear boy. I want you regardless of if I have your body or not. That's not what matters to me. You and your feelings are what matter. If you are not comfortable it's not happening. Do you understand me?" Will nodded then realized they weren't in person.

"Yes." He croaked out weakly. He was suddenly very tired. "Hannibal. Could uh could you come over sooner? I want a hug." He heard Hannibal chuckle on the other side of the line.

"I've got to get some paperwork done then I'll be right down."

"Oh, I didn't know you were busy. There's no need. I can wait till later."

"I insist Will. I have no more patients today. I'd be sitting here missing you anyways."

"Oh o-okay." Will blushed

"Will you do me a favor, Will?"

"Sure." he responded.

"Take a shower for me before I get there. I can smell you and you reek of sweat."

"You can't smell me through the phone. Your senses aren't that good." Will rolled his eyes and scoffed.

"Maybe not, but I do know you. You sweat more than should be humanly possible."

"You're not wrong about that. Fine, I'll take a shower. See you soon?" he asked.

"Of course darling. Goodbye."

"Bye." And he hung up.