161 | Sleepover

"BEFORE YOU SPEND MORE time with Kawanishi Keigo, how about spending more time with me? What do you say, Leigh?" Gavriil asks. Max gulps and tries to look away from him, but for some reason, he couldn't.

     "I don't think I—" Max was supposed to decline the offer, but the urge to stay took over, so he sighs in defeat and answered instead, "Alright, I think I can sleep over. Let me just send a message to Étienne and tell him I'll be staying here so he won't be worried."

     Max immediately turns away from Gavriil because he was too embarrassed to face him. He then walks to a large window where the city lights welcomed him. Max pulls out his phone from his pocket and started typing a message for his butler, but as he was doing so, Gavriil appears behind him and suddenly hugs him from behind.

     "Why are you running away from me?" Gavriil asks with a low voice as he wraps his arms around Max's waist.

     "I'm not trying to run away," Max lies, his face completely red as he looks back at Gavriil through his reflection in the window. Max eventually finished typing as he sent the message to his butler. As soon as he hid his phone back in his pocket, Gavriil pulls him closer and kisses him on the neck, instantly sending chills down Max's spine.

     "Are you tired?" Gavriil whispers in his ear, and Max takes a deep breath and answers, "I'm fine."

     Gavriil smiles after hearing Max's answer, kissing his shoulder this time. But right after, he lets go of him and says, "I won't do anything you don't like, okay? You don't have to be so tense."

     Max's face was still completely red as he nodded his head in reply. Gavriil then pats his head and gently kisses Max's forehead so Max wouldn't feel too tense. "Have you already taken a bath?" He then asks him.

     "I have. I took one before I left earlier."

     "Then let me give you some change of clothes," Gavriil then says as he heads to another room. After a couple of minutes, Gavriil got back and handed Max some pajamas. "You can change in my bedroom. You can freely use the bed too so don't worry about anything. I'll just take a bath. I've been wearing our uniform all day after all," Gavriil says, and Max nods his head again as Gavriil finally went to the bathroom.

     As soon as he was gone, Max takes a deep breath and touched his neck. The kiss that Gavriil left on him burned that Max could still feel it. He couldn't believe that he'd be able to experience such a sensation. It felt strange, but at the same time, it felt good.

     "Alright, I gotta calm down," Max says to himself as he finally entered Gavriil's bedroom.

     "Excuse the intrusion," he says, hugging the clothes that the vice president gave him. Gavriil's room looked pretty normal, but it fit the aesthetic of his entire apartment. It was clean and neat, and it almost looked like it hasn't been touched for months. That's how organized it looked.

     Max looks around the room, hoping to find pictures of him or his family, but there weren't any of them. There was just a clean desk with a computer, and a shelf filled with educational books. It didn't even have magazines or comics.

     "Does Gavriil not have any hobbies?" Max asks as he closed the door so he could change. As soon as he was done changing, he took a hanger and hung his clothes to the side. He then walked closer to the bed and stared at it before shyly taking a seat.

     "Why am I acting like this? It's not like we're going to do anything weird. Gavriil already said it himself, he won't do anything that I won't like, and I trust him for that," Max says, convincing himself so he wouldn't be so nervous.