Chapter 4

The woman hums, as her tails swayed. She looked at the shrine window with a look of sadness. She chuckles, as a memory resurfaced.

            ~~~~~~~~~~

"What? You want to stay in my shrine?" A black fox asked, as it scowls.

"Please! I'll bring offerings! Any offering you ask of me!" A blonde haired man beeged, as he bows his head.

"Mother. I think it would best if he could stay. It would benefit us as well." A younger Kurama said, as he runs a small brush through a spot on one of her tails. The black fox looks down at him and leans down.

"Hmmm....." The fox hums, as she nuzzles Kurama's head.

"Walk with me, Human." The fox said, as she stood, her tail picks up Kurama. The man stood up and jogs up the her.

"Can I know your name?" The man asked.

"No." The fox said, as she moves aside revealing a door behind her. The fox glowed a light blue, changing froms from fox to human.

"Ah. Ok. My name is Minato. Minato Namikaze! Can I bring my students next time?" Minato asked, and dodges a tail swung at him. The woman huffs, as she opens the door.

"Do what you want. Follow me." The woman said, as she walks through the door. Minato follows her, going down a hallway.

"Why is there a shrine built for you? You're a fox god. Do you have an actual home, or do you just visit this shrine?" Minato asked, as he jumps from the floor and up several tails. Kurama glares at him, as he stood on the woman's shoulder. The woman glanced at him.

"The shrine was built several generations ago. This was made into my home. I do have an actual home, but I like watching the humans." The woman said.

"What about genders? Do you have a gender? Or do you prefer the gender of a woman?" Minato asked.

"Why the interest in me, human?" The woman asked, and Minato grins.

"It's not every day you get to meet the fox god." Minato said, causing her the hum in agreement.

"I have no gender. I like the body of the human female more than that of a human male. My children do however have genders. Kurama is my child and a male. He's a special child of mine." The woman said, and Minato nods.

"I've noticed the other foxs are orange, yet you are a black fox. And the number of tails only go from 1 to 8. Is he special, due to him having 9 tails like you?" Minato asked, and the woman nods.

"I've only made three successful 9-tails. Two of them guard my shrine's doors. While Kurama gained his transformation from fox to human. He is the only one that did." The woman said.

"Then if you're a fox god, then you have a actual name, right?" Minato asked, and the woman nods.

"I do have an actual name I've grown the like. I'm still not tell you that name, as you are not my favorite human." The woman said. Minato shrugs.

"That's fine. I'll get to know your name one day." Minato said, as he grins. The woman sighed and opened a door to a room.

"You will stay here." The woman said, as Minato jumps down. Minato smiles, as he looks around the room.

                ~~~~~~~~

"I'm back, Fox God! I brought my wife with me! This is Kushina Uzumaki!" Minato said, as he walls through the shrine doors. The woman sighs, as she looks at him.

"Ah. You're back. Now you can leave." The woman said, as she lays her hand down.

"But I brought apples! You loved the apples I brought you last time, so I got some crates full of them! Careful, dear. Let me help you up." Minato said, as he gestures to three crates full of apples. The woman's mouth twitched, as Minato helps a red haired woman into her hand. The woman looks over the apples and nodded, as the lifts them up, so they leveled with her face.

"I suppose it'll have to do. What you want to pray about this time? I'm not giving you letting through the gates, power, or one of my children." The woman said, as Minato grins.

"Can you please bless us with a chi-ow!" Minato was cut off by Kushina punching his head. Minato held his head, as he crouched down.

"You idiot! You can't just ask the Fox God for that! Stupid! Did our offerings mean nothing to you?! She's not going to grant that just for you!" Kushina yelled, as the woman chuckled. Her tails waving happily.

             ~~~~~~~~~~~

Kurama held a bundle of cloth together, as he heard the thundering thud of his mother kneeling to the ground.

"Grant our prayers, or your little fox kids are next, Fox God! You're a god! Accept our offerings!" A mam yelled, as a group of 15 men yelled, agreeing with him. The woman leans over the bodies of Minato and Kushina, as one hand griped her hair while the other dug into the stone flooring.

"What have you done to them? My shrine? Do you human think THIS! Will make me bow to you?" The woman asked, as the blood run into the grooves on the stone. The main man chuckles.

"Of course it will! You accepted the other offerings that the other villagers made at home! Are you going to grant our prayers or not?! If not, your weak foxes get it!" The man said. The woman's claws cut deep into the stone, as tears streamed down her face.

"You dare defile my shrine with Minato's and Kushina's innocent blood?" The woman said, coldly, as she growled. Kurama held the bundle of cloths close to him, as the door of the shrine slammed shut. The group of men looked up at the glowing red eyes of the woman.

"You have commited a grave sin against the Shrine of the Fox God. You have broken the one rule you should have NEVER done in my shrine. Your prayers......will be answered with your death. Your family will suffer the consequences of what you've done." The woman said, as the fire went out in the shrine, leaving the only source of light was the red glowing fox eyes, staring at the group.

" The woman said, as the fire went out in the shrine, leaving the only source of light was the red glowing fox eyes, staring at the group