Seven: Wording my emotions

Jisung woke up in Felix's bed. He didn't remember going over there. Yawning quietly, Jisung got up and entered the kitchen where he found his father making eggs. Minho and Felix were on the couch arguing over the remote. Jisung watched them quietly for a while until Minho managed to successfully pry the remote from Felix's hands, causing the smaller boy to plummet backwards off the sofa with a thud. Jisung began laughing as Felix sat up. Both his brothers turned toward him, now noticing his presence. 

"Good morning, Jisungie! When did you wake up?" 

Jisung smiled and signed to Felix that he had just gotten up. Felix hummed and stood up, stretching upwards and yawning. Suddenly, he smiled wide. Uh oh, Jisung knew that smile. He was about to get dragged into one of Felix's shenanigans. Felix quickly ran up to his twin and grabbed his hands, eagerly bouncing up and down. 

"We should go to the park, Jisungie!!" 

Jisung blinked and shook his head. 

"Oh, cmonnnn! Please? I'll make Minho-hyung text Hyunjin to meet us thereee~" 

Felix taunted, poking at his brother's cheeks which were slowly turning red at the mention of the other boy. Their father turned around, two plates in hand for both boys in front of him. 

"Oh yeah? And who might this Hyunjin be, Felix?" 

Jisung's eyes widened as he quickly slapped a hand over Felix's mouth. His attempt was in vain, however, because Minho came from around the corner with a mischievous smile. 

"Hyunjin is the lucky boy who managed to catch our little Jisungie's eye. He's whipped." 

Jisung whined and ran toward Minho, planting playful punches onto his older brother's chest. Behind him, Felix laughed. 

"I'll take that as a yes!! Minho-hyungie! Message Hyunjin for us? You're coming too!!" 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After they all ate, the 3 boys made their way to the park nearest to their school. Hyunjin was already there. The strawberry-haired boy was sitting on a bench by the front until he saw the other 3 walking toward him. He quickly stood up just in time for a excited Jisung to dart at full speed and leap into his arms. 

"Hey there, Ji. I missed you too." 

Jisung smiled widely as he clung to Hyunjin. Minho and Felix laughed. The 4 boys wandered around for a couple of hours, Jisung happily holding Hyunjin's hand until he and Felix stopped to wander into a bed of flowers or climb a tree, then once they resumed their walking Jisung had latched back onto Hyunjin again. Eventually the group came to the large tree in the center of the park. It was climbable, and had been there for years. Felix and Jisung quickly darted off and began climbing. While the two had their fun, Minho took this as an opportunity. He spoke up without taking his eyes off the two other boys, his big brother mode switched on in case either of the two clumsy boys fell or hurt themselves. 

"Jisung seems to have grown quite attached to you." 

Hyunjin's faced reddened slightly as he also kept eyes on the other two. 

"Yeah..seems so." 
"What about you, Jinnie? How do you feel?" 

Hyunjin thought to himself. He liked Jisung a lot. like a lot a lot. He'd do anything and everything to keep that boy safe. Hyunjin wanted to be that safe place for Jisung to go to, just like that day in the bathroom. Hyunjin saw the shock in Jisung's eyes when Hyunjin said his name, it was the same look that he'd given Hyunjin all those years ago. And if he was being honest, he'd known who Jisung was for years. Hyunjin remembers, but because of what happened to Jisung, Hyunjin doubts Jisung remembers it. It's an unforgettable memory to Hyunjin, one he's both cherished and dreaded above any other. Truth was, that day in the bathroom wasn't the first interaction the boy's had. They'd originally first met in elementary, the day of Jisung's accident. The accident that Hyunjin had witnessed. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Young Hyunjin, only 7 years old , sat alone on the swings. He swung his legs which barely touched the ground, but the swing didn't move. The weather was bleak and gray, the smell of rained filled the air and Hyunjin knew it would pour any minute. As the first raindrop fell, Hyunjin's eyes began to water. If the sky cried with him, maybe then it'd be okay. He wouldn't be crying alone, after all. 

"Why are you sad?" 

Hyunjin sniffled as he looked up. There was a boy about his age standing beside him, struggling slightly to get onto the swing, which was too high. Eventually, the boy managed and then focused back on Hyunjin with a smile. It was raining more now, not storming, but not drizzling. As the rained poured down onto the two small boys, Hyunjin sniffled again. He wasn't sure why he was sad. Was it because he missed his mom? Or because he knew his dad did too? It had been a week now since Hyunjin's mother had passed away of cancer, and every night Hyunjin can hear his father crying in their living room whenever he thought Hyunjin was asleep. Just like clockwork, however, Hyunjin would waddle out of his room and down the stairs to comfort his father, until the two cried themselves to sleep together on the couch. Hyunjin looked up at the chubby cheeked boy who looked at him with a mix of curiosity and sadness. The boy was cute, and Hyunjin wanted to squish his cheeks. 

"I miss my momma." 
"Oh. Well where is she?" 

He asked innocently. Hyunjin's eyes filled with tears again as he wiped his nose with the long sleeves he had on. 

"M-Momma died..." 

The squirrel like boy next to him was quiet until Hyunjin heard the swing rattling. Before he knew it, Hyunjin was embraced in a warm hug. The hug lasted a while as Hyunjin cried into the smaller boy's chest. Eventually, Hyunjin calmed down and the boy's separated. Only then did Hyunjin realize that he recognized this boy. It was Jisung, they were in the same class. He gave the smaller boy a gentle smile. 

"T-Thank you, Jisungie.." 

Jisung's eyes widened slightly at the use of his name, but the shock was quickly replaced with a bright, heart shaped smile. Jisung thought that it was no problem, after all, it distracted him from his own situation. The boys stood, holding hands quietly in the rain until Jisung heard the familiar voice yelling his name. It was Nayeon. His eyes widened and he quickly whipped his head toward the sound, squeezing Hyunjin's hand tighter. 

"Who's that, Jisungie?" 
"M-My sister..."

Jisung's voice was shaky. 

"P-Please don't let her take me, Hyunjinnie! I don't wanna go, mommy and daddy are fighting bad! I don't wanna go home!" 

Jisung began crying. Nayeon had finally reached the clearing where the two boys stood in the rain. Jisung gasped and let go of Hyunjin's hand quickly as Nayeon chased after Jisung who had once again darted off. Hyunjin's eyes widened as he ran after them, wanting to be sure his new friend was okay. 

"Jisung wait! Please! You have to come home! It's gonna storm!!" 

Nayeon yelled as she chased the small boy through the trees. A small Hyunjin stumbled after the two, neither of them noticing his presence as he tripped and tumbled a couple of times. Each time he stood back up and began running after them again. Hyunjin's eyes widened as he watched Jisung run directly into the road. He tripped again, this time not getting up as he watched the scene in front of him. All he could do was scream. 

"JISUNG!!!" 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hello?? Earth to Hyunjin!" 

Minho's voice shook him out of his dark memory. Hyunjin didn't realize he'd began crying. Felix and Jisung had climbed down and all 3 boys looked at Hyunjin with worry, Jisung's hand tightly clinging to his. Just like it had that night. Hyunjin looked down at their intertwined hands and up to Jisung. Hyunjin sniffled and pulled Jisung into his arms, hugging him tightly. If only I hadn't let your hand go that night... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: I CRIED WRITING THIS HELP- ANywaY- more insight on Jisung's past and Hyunjin's as well. It's been a while since i updated this story, it feels good to finally post on it again lol. any who, I'm gonna be posting a couple chapters today so stay tuneddddd! 

Love ya bitches!<3