Returning home.

Late 1989.

The bus finally passed the large sign reading the infamous island name as the bus departed from the port. "Uncanny Valley."  The name brought comfort and excitement, you are returning to the place you grew up which you thought you had only held fond memories of. Your distorted past you could latch onto hindered your positive-ness, and you could only think of your parents... You shook the thoughts out fishing your bag unzipping it revealing your cassette collection.

You glossed through the contents with your fingertips of your small selection of tapes that you had bought along, you seemly always picked the same song

You glossed through the contents with your fingertips of your small selection of tapes that you had bought along, you seemly always picked the same song. Before slowly seething back into the seating of the bus; You slipped the small cassette into the old portable player briefly allowing the music to fill your headphones. This was your new start, your new beginning. In a hidden valley; Uncanny Valley. You had already moved all your things to your apartment, it was just waiting for you. The hours flocked by as the time you spent in the bus waned. Finally you're here, home was just a block away. You stood up grappling your heavy suitcase as you followed the few others as they got off the bus. You set your suitcase down allowing yourself to stretch before a map.

It didn't seem as far as you'd thought it had only took around 5 hours. Luckily your apartment wasn't so far from here. Just few more minutes until you reach sweet relief.

---

Arriving at the apartment, I brought my eyes up to my door, tracing my hand to the handle. Huh? It wont open- its locked? I was bought with disappointment. I stepped away with suitcase in-hand as I returned outside the complex to call the place. After many attempts there was still No response. I grumbled. Before I could try again I was interrupted, by a man that stood before me, a small pin sat upon the front of his blood red blazer in a shape of house. A small pocket sat opposite side of his blazer where a business card was tucked away. He looked of middle age. His eyes unwavering as he stared at me unnervingly with a large teeth-y grin which was carved on his face. It was like if he was made of stone. "Your new in town, lost and wandering. You need a place to call your own." he concocted, flicking his hand to his chest as he pulled the thin card out of his breast pocket. His movement like that of a puppet as he held the card in my face, awaiting for me to grasp it. He continued on, his voice trancing. I couldn't keep up, more and more words just scattered from him as if he replied to something I said. What did I say?

"I am the 'The number #1 realtor in all of Uncanny Valley.'" His speech became leering. My vision began blacking out. What did he say? I couldn't seem to recall. But before I knew it; I was already getting pulled along by him somewhere. What did I agree to? My gut told me to run but I refused to listen to my balsamaceous thoughts as if something else was controlling me. I allowed the man to drag me to the house he was eager to sell to me. Running into his back snapping me out of it, we came to a stop. He was unmoved from the impact, "sorry." I mutter as he stood still, unfazed, pretending he didn't hear me. He turned to face me. His movement was even more unnatural than before. "Hey, why are you even trying to sell this beautiful house anyways?" I finally spoke. The surroundings weren't the same as before. He stood still staring, as everything seemed to melt around him. I was no longer outside the house, I looked about trying to pinpoint where I was. "Dear Buyer..."  His words bent, collapsed, and collided with one and another, making a horrible irritable noise as every thought I knew began to burn, in the hell flames within my mind. I felt hands grab ahold of me as my vision vanished. 

"Why, why? DID YOU LISTEN TO IT?"  A voice screamed out desperately. 

I awoke back on the bus, "ugh," It hurts. 'What was that?' My brain left in agony. I couldn't recall any of it no matter how hard you tried. I ruffled my hair, shaking off the gut-tightening feeling. I really have a bizarre imagination. My nightmares now decide to return huh? I scoffed at my thoughts, letting out a sloth-y sigh; I slugged down latching onto my suitcase as I trailed behind the rest of the people exiting the bus.

---

A/N: sorry abt the grammar n stuff. Sorry if its a bit confusing on what is happening but its kind of intentional.