Chapter 1

Sixty degrees that come in threes.

Watches from within birch trees.

Saw his own dimension burn.

Misses home and can't return.

Says he's happy. He's a liar.

Blame the arson for the fire.

If he wants to shirk the blame,

He'll have to invoke my name.

One way to absolve his crime.

A different form, a different time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Damnit.

Bill gasps for air he used to not even need, with these small, flimsy, meek little newfound lungs located within his new ribcage. He can practically feel and hear the thumping organ within his chest, just as he can practically feel his cells growing and dividing and the blood flowing through his veins. Despite not usually being too bothered by temperature, and certainly not when he was in the mindscape or in the Nightmare Realm, the cold hits his new body like a sheet of ice. Though, that is thankfully remedied when someone wraps something warm around his little vessel - a blanket, is his guess.

Despite anticipating the brightness of the room, which he could practically feel through his eyelids which have been reddened from some of the light bleeding through, he opens his eyes, his retinas straining at the sudden visual information bombardment. He looks around, the blurriness of his vision making him reflexively squint, though that blurriness seems to subside after a good few seconds.

Suddenly, he notices the crying of a human infant, and he looks to his right to see an ugly little hairless ape, wailing non-stop at the harsh new environment. He understands though - he hates this sudden change too. The ugly little thing is probably upset by the new, cold and blinding environment, having just been ejected and squeezed out of the warmness of the womb, but that whining is getting on his nerves, and not just because his hearing is sensitive at the moment.

He grunts loudly, and the infant flailing next to him hears it and turns its head with squinted and teary eyes, but then stops and freezes when it sees Bill.

He stops and stares, and not just because he is flabbergasted that it stopped crying when it saw him, but at what he is seeing.

Golden eyes.

The baby has stopped crying, staring at Bill and only breaking the gaze to blink. He wonders why this is, and if it has anything to do with those golden eyes, and if his eyes are that same gold color with slit pupils. It is then he notices that your pupils are rounded, rather than slit, which is even more puzzling, though he guesses that that makes sense - he is not possessing you, after all.

As he continues to inspect the homosapien in front of him, said homosapien returning the favor as it inspects him, questions start buzzing around in his mind. Is he still in the same dimension as he has always been for all these years, trying to get a portal up and running? Why is he seemingly stuck with this dumb baby, and why does it have eyes that are similar to his? Last time he checked, human irises do not come in yellow. Did some of his power go to you since the two of you are twinned? Does he still even have power? He is not sure what he expected to happen when he invoked the Axolotl's name, but it sure was not this.

He is pulled out of his thoughts by voices piping up, voices he initially ignored during his evaluation of the situation he has been thrusted into. A woman pipes up, looking down at him and the infant next to him with glee in her expression, "They're twins - a boy and a girl. Have you thought of names for them?" This woman seems to be a nurse, going by how she is dressed for the part, and by the setting he is in presumably being a hospital room. She has dusty blonde hair and a peachy complexion to her seemingly soft skin, her irises a shade of brown.