Chapter 1 Dates ✔️

"So you have a hot date with Matt tonight, huh?" Kole asks with his feet kicked up on the coffee table, putting his bottle of pop to his mouth.

It doesn't matter how many times I've asked him not to put his shoes on the furniture; he never listens. I can never stay too mad at him about it, but I like to aggravate him anyway.

"I don't know how hot of a date it will be, but it is still a date." I laugh, knocking his feet down as I walk past, causing his feet to drop and him to dribble soda down his chin and down his shirt.

You would think that in all our years of friendship and all the years we've lived together, he'd learned by now. 

He gets up, not even saying anything about his shirt. 

"Yeah, well, I am going out with Sheila, so don't wait up."

"Sheila?"

"Yeah, at work, I told you about her, remember?" He asks, leaning over the counter.

"Vaguely. What the hell kind of name is Sheila anyway?" I ask,  grabbing an apple from the fruit bowl in the middle of the countertop as I follow him into the kitchen. 

"What? Sheila is a normal name." Kole laughs.

"Yeah, but it sounds like a mom's name." I say sinking his teeth into my apple.

"Well..."

"Don't tell me, she has kids?"

"Hey, there is nothing wrong with kids, or single moms." He says grabbing the apple from my hand, taking a large bite.

"No, not at all, but damn Kole, do you not remember the last mom you went out with?" I say grabbing it back from him.

"Cindy." We say in unison, followed by a shudder.

"Yeah, don't remind me. Some things are better left forgotten."

"Or in jail." I remark, tossing the rest of my apple in the bin.

"Need I remind you of the real gems that you have brought in, my little Kandicane?"

I throw on my jacket over my mini dress, choosing to ignore him.

"You got condoms?" He asks as I grab my purse.

"Yes, dad." I answer, rolling my eyes.

"I am not your dad, Kandi."

"Right, I forgot, that was Hannah's thing, wasn't it?"

"Kandi..." He says coming towards me, his voice taking on a warning tone.

"Yes, daddy. Oh, harder, daddy, harder." I moan doing my best impression, before dying laughing.

"I ought to whip your ass." He says throwing me over his shoulder with ease. His hand outstretched like he is actually going to whip me.

"Oh yes, spank me, daddy." I laugh, pushing myself up on his shoulder so I can look at him as I say it, then kicking my legs so he will let me go.

"Damn it, Kandi." He sits me down, half-annoyed, half-laughing, saying, "I swear."

"Oh, you know you love me." I stretch up on my toes, kissing his cheek. "Now, if all goes well, I will see you in the morning?"

"Yep, and if you need me, remember our emergency text?"

"Yup. Now have fun." I give him a hug, fixing his collar. "Just not eighteen years worth of it."

"Get out of here." He spins me around, smacking me on the bottom.

"Love you!" I yell back at him, walking out of our apartment.

"Love you too." He calls after me, and I wave over my shoulder.