Chapter 25 Happy Birthday ✔️

1 Month Later

"Kandi?" Kole says as I walk into his new office. The entire building is empty except for the two of us.

Graham had decided that when he finally retired last month, Kole should be the one to take his place.

Kole has put in ten years of hard work here and has always been a model employee, but I think that it was because he was so impressed with how he handled the whole Boulding situation that really tipped the scales for him.

The fact that I was the one to set things straight with Rena and the one to extend the contract with Franklin is a secret I will take to my grave.

Kole has worked his ass off for years to get here, and there is no one who deserves this position more than he does.
And besides, I am always more than happy to work underneath him.

"It's Marilyn, Mr. President." I say holding out his thirtieth birthday cake, and begin to sing Happy Birthday, Mr. President, doing my best Monroe impression.

"I can't believe you remembered my crush." He says after he has blown out his candles. He takes the cake and puts it on top of the table behind his desk.

"Who doesn't have a crush on Marilyn Monroe?" I ask with a laugh as he pulls me in at the waist.
"So do you like it?" I ask as I bounce my curls.

"I love it, but you know what I would like even better?" He asks, looking up at me intently, his hands moving over the fabric.

"Hmm, I don't know, why don't you tell me?" I giggle.

"You, out of it." He says pulling me toward him and pressing me against his chest.

"You are the boss." I whisper, smiling up at him.

♡♡♡

2 Months Later

"Kole, you ready?" I ask putting the back on my earrings.

"Almost." He calls down the hall.

"I swear, sometimes you are such a girl." I  playfully complain, going into my closet to grab my dress coat.

"That wasn't what you were saying last night." He comes up to me from behind, wrapping his arms around me and cradling his face into my neck.

"Come on." I turn around, grabbing his hand. "We are going to be late."

"You are sure in a hurry this evening." He laughs, following me out of the bedroom and towards the door.

"It's my birthday." I exclaim, grabbing my heels and slipping them on my feet. "And you're taking me to Stephano's, and I'm starving." I say nearly tipping over trying to get my shoe on.

"Calm down, before you hurt yourself." He catches me with a laugh, "They will still have your pasta when we get there."

"You don't know that for sure."  I say pulling him through the door.

♡♡♡

"Slow down; you don't have to eat so fast." He laughs. "Nobody's gonna steal it."

"Hush, it's my birthday; I can eat however I want." I mumble, shoveling my mouth full of food.

"So have you thought anymore about going home for Christmas?" He asks, twirling noodles around his fork.

"Ko, please, don't ruin my meal."

"Kandi."

"I'm serious. Mom has been on my ass about wanting us to come stay for the week, and I can't imagine staying an entire week there considering what happened last time." I cringe at the memory.

"Well, this time they know about us; maybe they will..."

"The weekend." I stab some noodles with my fork.

"What?" He asks looking at me.

"I will agree to stay for the weekend. Not the week. And besides, this is the first Christmas that we get to spend together as an actual couple, and I don't want to spend all of it with my parents, having them all try to embarrass us."

"Hey, I wasn't the one embarassed." He sits back with a smirk.

"You know what I mean. Listening to them make jokes about how loud I am during sex isn't my idea of a good time."

"Ok, the weekend." He says agreeing to my terms. "And if they start on you, on us, we will leave. Deal?"

"Deal."

"Good, now enough of that. What do you say after dessert we go to Point Neil?"

"Do they have it decorated yet?" I'm getting excited.

"Yep, they got it decorated last week. Tonight is the first night that they will have everything lit up." He says my excitement is spilling over into him.
"What are you doing?" He asks, looking at me as I shovel the rest of my pasta into my mouth and raise my hand to flag the waiter over.

"Getting dessert!

"Ok?" 

"So we can go look at the lights sooner!" I say like it should be completely obvious.

He laughs, "I love you." 

THIRTY 18+✔️जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें