Chapter 8 Two Week Trial ✔️

"Okay, so here is kind of what I was thinking." He says leaning back against the headboard with his hands behind his head, still wearing nothing but a towel.

"Don't you reckon you should at least get dressed first?" I laugh, nodding towards the towel.

"Am I distracting you?" He teases playfully.

I roll my eyes at him.

A little.

"Ok, so what is it?" I ask, avoiding the subject of him being nearly naked.

He rolls over toward me, and I avoid looking at the towel that is so close to falling open. 

"I was thinking we could do this whole dating thing on a kind of trial basis."

"How so?" I ask a bit confused and, yeah, somewhat distracted by the towel that is coming undone, revealing more and more each time he slightly moves. 

"Well, we are here for two weeks. We can try it out while we are here and see if this is going to work or if it is just a really stupid idea. And if it doesn't work, then everything has to go back to normal when we get home." He says reasoning.

"And if it does?"  I ask, trying not to let my eyes venture downward.

"Work out?"

I nod.

"Then, when we get back home, we will continue and see where things lead. But this is our two week trial."

"God, you make it sound like something you buy off the television from one of those old infomercials." I say rolling over onto my back and staring up at the ceiling.

"Try it risk-free for fourteen days guaranteed, or your money back." I laugh. 

"Kandi." He chastises

"What?" I giggle. "It's the truth."

♡♡♡

Finally dressed, or at least with some lesser distracting shorts on, Kole sits down on the bed with the room service menu.

"What would you like?" He says scanning over the overpriced list of things they offer.

"I don't know; just order me something."

"We can always go out to get something."

"No, not tonight. That car ride done me in. I just want to lay around and do nothing tonight. We will go out after you finish up with your interview tomorrow."

"You want to come with me?"

"And meet the famous baseball player?"

"Yeah."

"Honestly? Thank you, but no thanks. I am just going to stay around here, maybe check out the pool, and try out some of this whole relaxing thing you keep telling me so much about."

"Ok, but if you change your mind..." He says picking up the phone from the bedside table. 

I wander around the room while he is ordering our food. I stop in front of the window and pull back the curtains, letting what is left of the evening sun in.

Our room has a fantastic view of the sunset, and I stand back admiring it.

Growing up, I always loved going to the top of the hill at Pap's farm and sitting on the fence to watch the sunset.

It is something I haven't done in years, and I didn't realize until just now how much I missed the simplicity of it.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" Kole says coming up behind me.