🌧

Simon trudged through the pouring rain, holding his umbrella as close to him as he can. His beaten up tennis shoes were already soaked to the brim as he walked through ankle deep puddles. The rain was beating down hard, he could barley see.
Loud, splashing footsteps approaching drew his attention, and before he knew what was happening, his umbrella was snatched from his hand.

"Thanks, kid!"
called a man's voice, as Simon watched the silhouette run off into the distance.

Simon was stunned for a moment, before trying to chase after him. He was quickly stopped as his feet slipped out from beneath him and he fell with a splash into a puddle.

"WAIT!! GIVE THAT BACK PLEASE!"
Simon cried out, but the figure was already gone from his sight.

Simon began shivering, as he sat up on his knees. He tried his best to not break down in tears.

'I'm sure he needed it more than I did..'
Simon thought to himself.

Simon looked to his side when he saw a boy crouch down beside him.

"Hey, are you okay?"

Simon blushed when he realized who it was.
Ralph Kamal, student body president, the most attractive boy in school.
Simon shook that thought, before noticing Ralph's outstretched hand.
Simon took it as he was helped off the ground. Ralph held his umbrella over both of them.

"You're Simon right?"
Ralph asked

Simon nodded, blushing at the fact that he knew his name.

"Here, take my umbrella"
Ralph said, offering it.

Simon panicked, frantically shaking his head.

"No no! I couldn't..."

"Well...then at least let me walk you home, you shouldn't have to walk in the rain."

So with that, Ralph and Simon walked side by side in the rain. Ralph looked over at Simon a few times, and it didn't go unnoticed by the other boy, who was tomato-faced. They finally stopped in front of Simon's house, and walked up the few porch steps.

"Thank you, you didn't have to do that, I know this was probably out of the way for you.."
Simon said.

"Hey it's not problem, my house is just a block that way." Ralph said, pointing behind Simon.

"Oh really? I didn't know anyone from school lived that close to me!"
Simon said, surprised.

"I know! Crazy right? Maybe i'll see you around sometime."
Ralph smirked, before walking down the porch steps.

"Be careful next time, Simon"
he called out, as he walked down the street.

Simon watched him disappear around the corner, before the front door swung open abruptly.

"SIMON!"
Roger said, causing Simon to jump and spin on his heels, staring at his brother in the doorway.

"Get inside! It's raining for God's sake!"
He said, grabbing Simon's arm and pulling him inside.

"Goodness why are you soaking wet?! What happened to your umbrella? and also, WHY WAS RALPH KAMAL ON OUR PORCH?!"
Roger began interrogating Simon.

"S-Someone stole my umbrella"
Simon began.

"I DON'T KNOW WHO IT WAS!"
He added quickly before Roger would even ask.

"Ralph saw me and offered to walk me home...that's all" Simon said, taking off his shoes.

Roger squinted, his hands on his hips.
"Well...i'm glad you didn't walk in the rain all the way home, but I still don't trust that kid."

"Roger, you don't trust anyone."

"that's true, but seriously, he's suspicious."

"how so?"

"he's too smiley"

"smiley?"

"he smiles too much and that makes me think he's up to something"

"right...sure..."

Roger glared at him.
"Go take a shower before mom gets home, if you catch a cold i'll have to hear the end of it"

"why? because you were supposed to pick me up from school today but didn't?"

"I forgot!"

"Right because you were with your boyfriends is that correct?"

"Shut up, and go take a shower!"