🚘

TW: mentions of abuse/self harm

Simon walked down the dark, barren street. The road was dead, no cars in sight. He didn't know what time it was, but by the emptiness of the road he assumed it was pretty late.
Each footstep he took was driven by fury. He had since stopped crying, but an overwhelming anger filled his mind. All he wanted to do was get home.

His shadow began to stretch down the street in front of him as a bright light appeared behind him. The purring of an engine grew closer to him, before slowing down.
Simon turned around, almost blinding himself as he made eye contact with two bright headlights shining on him. He shielded his eyes, finally recognizing the vehicle.

Roger's car.

Simon turned around quickly and began to walk faster. The faster he walked, the more Roger sped up behind him as he followed him.
Simon's walk soon turned into a jog. His jogging soon picked up speed until he was running full speed down the street, Roger's car following him at a steady pace.

"Simon!!" Roger called out, leaning out of his window.

"LEAVE ME ALONE!!" Simon yelled back, running faster.

Simon was soon stopped, as a motorcycle swerved a few feet in front of him, blocking his path. Simon coughed at the dust that was kicked up from the screeching tires.
Simon backed away from the motorcycle, hitting his back against the front bumper of Roger's stopped car.
Simon stumbled forward, looking between the car and the motorcycle.

Simon stood in the headlights, staring at Ralph who was sat on the motorcycle.
He couldn't see his face since it was concealed by the protection of a helmet, but he knew Ralph was staring at him back. Ralph let go of his handlebars, and straightened his back, sitting upright, not taking his eyes off of Simon.

Not a single word was said. The silence was deafening. They stood there for a while, Simon almost a silhouette in the headlights of Roger's car.
After a minute or two, Simon tried to walk around Ralph's motorcycle.
Ralph followed him with his eyes, driving forward, blocking his path once more.
Simon stopped, walking backwards.

Ralph got off his motorcycle and began to walk towards Simon. Simon backed away, but stopped when he heard Roger get out of his car. Simon looked between the two boys, before sinking to the ground against the asphalt.
Simon began to cry again, much harder than before. He wailed loudly, taking short breaths. He wiped at his watery eyes, as Ralph and Roger crouched down beside him.

"I'm sorry" Roger said.

"Me too" Ralph reciprocated.

Simon breathed shakily before saying to Roger.
"I-I just thought for once i'd be able to do something without you ruining it"

"Ruining it?" Roger questioned.

"Yes! Ruining it! I-I'm not an idiot Roger! I can take care of myself. I'm tired of you thinking that everything and everyone plans to hurt me!"
Simon explained, taking a breath before continuing.
"I'm tired of having to hide things from you. I didn't want to keep Ralph and I going out a secret, but I felt like I had to! And this just proves my point. You started a fight with him."

Roger was silent for a moment before saying.
"Simon, I just don't want you to get hurt again."

"again?" Ralph questioned, drawing the attention of the other two.

Roger and Simon looked at each other nervously.

"Do you want to tell him? You don't have to if you don't want to" Roger said.

"I want to..."
he said, before turning to Ralph.

"Our dad left us when we were kids. Before he did however, he would abuse us, and-"
Simon was cut off by tears that choked him.
"...and I.."

Simon rolled up his sleeves, showing his wrists. Although barley visible in the poor light, there were noticeable scars across his skin.
Simon couldn't finish what he was saying from his crying, but Ralph understood.

"Simon, I'm so sorry...."
Ralph said, a genuine concern in his voice.

"It's okay...it's not your fault."
Simon answered once he was able to speak again without choking on sobs.

"Simon?"
Roger asked.

Simon looked up at him, rolling his sleeves down again.

"If...If you really like Ralph and you trust him, I guess I can't stop you from going out with him..."
Roger said, grumbling a bit.

Simon's eyes lit up.
"Really?!"
he exclaimed, wiping his tears away.

"But, i'm still going to watch over you, i'll just try not to be as....overbearing."
Roger said.

"And Ralph, if you ever hurt Simon or break his heart, I will kill you, for real."

"I won't, I promise."
Ralph said.

Roger leaned in towards Simon, whispering in his ear.
"I still don't trust him all that well, but I trust you Simon, so if you think he's trustworthy, then I'll try my best to respect that."

"Thank you, thank you so much."

Simon could feel a weight lifted off his shoulders.

Just then, a car pulled up beside the scene. The window was rolled down, revealing Jack and Maurice.

"I told you something was up."
Jack said to Maurice.

"What's going on?"
Maurice yelled out the window.

"Nothing..."
Roger said standing up, helping Simon off the ground.

"What are you two doing here anyways?"
he asked.

"Well Jack called me and said you sounded not okay on the phone earlier, so we've been looking around for you." Maurice said.

"Oh right, it's nothing."
Roger said.

"What happened to your nose?"
Maurice asked, noticing the blood Roger had yet to wipe off.

"uhhh nothin!"
Roger said, hopping into his car.
"C'mon Simon let's go home."

"I can...take Simon home if you want."
Ralph said.

Roger stared at him, squinting his eyes.
"Simon, who do you want to take you home?"

"Ralph, if that's okay."

"fine. But be careful."

Roger slammed his door shut, and drove away down the street, followed by Jack and Maurice.

Simon turned to Ralph.

"Ready to go home?"
Ralph asked, turning back towards his motorcycle.

"Ralph wait."
Simon said.

"yes?"

"what...are we?"

"what do you mean...?"

"I mean like- are we dating?"

"We can be whatever you want Simon."

"I want to be your boyfriend."
Simon said shyly.

Ralph smiled, walking towards Simon.
He hadn't taken off his helmet the whole conversation.
He took it off, Simon's eyes widened as he noticed tear streaks down his face.

"Alrighty then, boyfriend."
Ralph winked, handing his helmet to Simon.