1

Jill's Pov~

"Maxine, we're here," I spoke while shaking her limp body a few times, earning a few grunts and moans. "Can I just sleep in the car or something?" Maxine groggily questioned, setting her head back onto the car window and dozing off once again.

I looked back towards Danny, shaking my head and giving him THE signal. He slowly unbuckled himself, quietly making his way near sister's ear before ruffling her hair and yelling, "MAXI PAD WAKE UP, WAKE UP, WAKE UP, WAKE UP!!!"

Maxine's Pov~

"OH MY FUCKING GOD," I shot up, my right knee hitting the glove department. "Oh my fucking goddd, ow ow ow." I quickly unbuckled myself and got out of the car, rubbing my knee. I looked over into the car, seeing ma and Danny high fiving each other. Scoffing, I directed my attention towards our two story house. It honestly seemed quite old. I heard my brother let out a laugh, so I turned towards the car to be met with him sticking his tongue out at me and making weird face.

"You're so dead tonight, Danny boy! Just wait, I'll have you crying bloody murder," I spat out, still rubbing my leg. His eyes widened as he said something, but I couldn't hear him. I heard some whispers and laughs coming from behind me in the street, so I slowly turned around to be faced with two boys. They both seemed to look around my age. One of them had fluffy, short, light brown hair and the other one had long, dark brown hair with a bandana wrapped around it.

"You gotta be fucking kidding me," I muttered as my ma and Danny got out of the car, Danny making his way behind me and eyeing the two boys. "Hey boys!" My mom waved. "Hey miss!" the one with the bandana shouted back.

I ignored their stares and made my way to the trunk, my mom following behind me. She unlocked the trunk and I immediately picked up one of my suitcases. As soon as I did that, my mom walked behind me, touching my hair?

"Ma?" I questioned as she hummed in response,"Whatcha doing?"

"I'm fixing your hair babes! Danny messed it up while you were asleep and I didn't expect kids your age to be out here," she turned me around, smiling and grabbing the suitcase from my hand. "Mom, I got it," I whisper yelled to her.

"Mhm, I know," she smiled before walking next to me, revealing the two boys once again. They were making their way up our driveway. The one with shorter hair seemed to be a little shy, considering he was following behind the other boy with his head down.

"Hey um, do you guys need any help?" the one with longer hair questioned as a small, polite smile made it's way across his lips. "Oh no, we go-" I was abruptly cut off by my mother's words.

"We would honestly love some help, if it doesn't bother y'all," she smiled, slightly nudging me. "Yeahh, totally.." I offered a tight lipped smile before turning back around and grabbing a box. I went to walk towards the front door before my mother grabbed my arm, stopping me.

"Baby, don't be rude. Let's introduce ourselves! I'm Jill Welbourne and these are my two kids, Maxine and Danny." She grabbed Danny's hand, encouraging him to introduce himself.

"Hello," he smiled shyly, slightly going behind mama. The two boys offered him a comforting smile, the shorter haired one reaching his hand out to shake Dan's.

"I'm Finney and this is Robin," he smiled towards Danny once more as he shook his hand. Robin held his hand out, also shaking Danny's hand.

"Hey little man," he smiled, they both looked over towards me, awkwardly putting their hands out to shake mine. I stared at both of them before slowly shaking one another's. "Hey," I smiled.

Finney's eyebrows slightly went up as a small, somewhat cute smile formed on his face as I touched his hand. "I'm Finney- well, I'm guessing you already know that from us introducing ourselves earlier but um, yeah," he spoke, his voice slowly turning into a whisper as he realized he was starting to rant. I went to let go of his hand but his stayed placed in mine before I cleared my throat.