5

——————————————————————

"Wait, so you got held back twice?" I questioned as we made our way out of history, nibbling on my bottom lip.

"Yeahh, I fucking hate school. Having to put up with a bunch of stranger's bullshit for seven hours a day isn't exactly how I want to spend the," he held up both of his hands, mimicking quotations mark, "best years of my life." (not like he's gonna live past his "best years of his life" anyways lmaoo)

"So you're what, seventeen?" I questioned once more, as we made our way towards a water fountain. He dipped his head down, taking a few gulps before lifting his head back up.

"Yeah," he spoke, wiping his now slightly wet lips with his right arm. "Old enough to drop out of this shitty place," he continued on, looking down at me and smirking. I quickly looked away, gripping onto my schedule.

"What's your next class?" he questioned as he leaned against the wall right next to the water fountain. "English with Ms. Rosario," I scoffed as he got up from the wall, glancing over my right shoulder.

I tilted the schedule a bit so it was in his vision, glancing my eyes over towards his focused ones. "Wow, your first few periods are really shitty," he muttered, grimacing at the sight of my schedule, and earning a scoff and an eye roll from me.

Unknown to me, two of my now closest friends were making their way over towards us, one of them feeling a slight bit of nervousness as he glanced at the intimidating blonde boy besides me.

"Would you look at that? We have last period tog-" Vance was quickly cut off by a familiar,  younger girl's voice. "Hey Maxine!" Shouted Gwen as she ran up to us, wrapping her arms around me, slightly crushing the paper in my hand. Vance quickly backed away from my shoulder, leaning against the wall and crossing his arms.

"Hey Gwen," I laughed out, or at least tried. The girl has one hell of a grip. She let go, freeing my once crushed arms and now crinkled paper.

I looked over towards the visibly nervous boy, giving him a comforting smile. "Hey Finney," I spoke, earning a small, muttered "hey" back.

Awkward silence arose from all of us, only the noise of scattering, loud-talking students being heard.

"Hey um, where's Robin?" I questioned the two, earning a shrug from Gwen. "He's probably busy with all of the girls in school fawning over him," Finney spoke, jokingly rolling his eyes.

I let out a dramatic gasp, placing my hand over my heart, questioning the boy, "Robin can pull??" Vance let out a small chuckle from the side of me, causing both of the two siblings to let out awkward laughs.

"Anyways," I spoke, "what are your classes, Finney?"

"Oh, I have uh," he paused, grabbing a neatly folded paper out of his back pocket, "Ms.Rosario?" "We have english together!" I squealed, wrapping my arm around Finney's neck, replacing his once nervous look with a giddy smile.