2

——————————————————————

2 Weeks Later

"GO FINNEY! WOO!" Gwen and I yelled. Though I know nothing about baseball and had no interest in it before I met Finney, I knew that I enjoyed it because he loved it. He especially loved whenever we would cheer for him, though it would be highly embarrassing for me if I were him, he appreciates the love and support. Plus, I'm his lucky charm.

"MAXINE, I GOT YOUR COKE AND GWEN, I GOT YOUR POPCORN," Robin yelled over the cheering parents, siblings, and friends. He handed them both to me, so I could hand the popcorn over to Gwen without a risk of it getting knocked over by the adrenaline rushed parents who seemed to be more into the game than the players themselves.

I turned over to Robin, placing my lips near his left ear, "thank you for the coke," I smiled as I gave him a hug, Unknown to me, he was redder than Danny was when he got a sunburn three days ago from when we all went swimming together for hours.

"FINNEY FOCUS!" Gwen yelled as I quickly focused my eyes once more on the boy playing. His eyes immediately met mine, as if he was staring at us the entire time. He seemed a bit upset, but I didn't acknowledge it.

"So, are you enjoying the game?" Robin spoke into my ear. I shook my head up and down, focusing on Finney. "I don't understand anything that's happening, I'm just glad to be here. To support Finney and to hang out with the most amazing people ever," I smiled before wrapping my arms around Gwen's and Robin's neck.

The boy on the opposing team hit a home run, causing Gwen to jolt up, spilling the popcorn all over me and on top of the two ladies sitting in front of us. "NO," she yelled, sitting back down. The two ladies turned around, looking towards us. Gwen look terrified as I gave them an awkward smile. "My apologies, the bag just slipped out of my hands," I shrugged. They both let out a scoff before getting up and moving.

All three of us looked at each other before bursting out into laughter. "She looked so pissed! Thanks for taking the blame for me, Maxine," Gwen giggled, as she tried to mimic the annoyed looks they gave us. "Gwen, you look constipated," Robin spoke. "it's more like this," Robin added as he recreated the faces they both made perfectly, causing both Gwen and I to laugh.

"Alright, I'm going take all of the popcorn out of my hair before the butter fucks it up," I spoke, standing up. "Do you want me to walk you?" Robin asked, standing up as soon as I did. "No, it's fine. Stay with Gwen," I replied as he sat back down. He muttered something, but I wasn't able to hear due to everyone yelling.

I made my way off of the bleachers, letting out occasional "excuse mes" before I was on the concrete ground. I made my way to the bathroom, quickly shaking my shirt and watching all of the popcorn fall out. I made my way to the mirror, picking all the popcorn out of my hair and inspecting my head to see if it looked oily. I was all good.