𝟘𝟚. 𝕔𝕠𝕦𝕝𝕕 𝕤𝕙𝕖...

ɴᴏᴡ ᴘʟᴀʏɪɴɢ
-
ᴍʏ ᴏᴡɴ
ʜ.ᴇ.ʀ.

🔉 ▁ ▂ ▃ ▄ ▅

𖣔 𖣔 𖣔

Koshi finally settled into her room at a B&B for her weeklong stay in Asakusa. Surprisingly, it was run by the lovely couple that greeted her upon arriving here. They heard of her heroic deed and offered her a room free of charge, which Koshi also would politely decline generosity. So instead, she wanted to ask them if she could help volunteer in exchange for her free stay. The couple warmly accepted.

She got to work immediately as soon as she placed her duffel bag in her room and changed into something more comfortable for her work.

Which was a black fitted bandeau top, matching black shorts, and an oversized orange halter tank that showed her top on the back and sides. She also styled her hair into tight coils that were smoothed into a centered puffball and kept in place with a tied floral scarf instead of a scrunchie.

As it was 10 pm and the breakfast diner was closing, Koshi was sweeping the floors while the couple went to bed. She had her wireless earbuds in as "My Own" by H.E.R. played. It's a shame this was released before the plague of Spontaneous Human Combustion, she would have loved to meet the artist along with the many others whose music she has saved and listened to.

*tap*

Koshi's reflexes kick in as she swiftly reacts by throwing a swift back roundhouse kick and turns around to perform a blinding uppercut as the person ducked from her kick, which they blocked with their hand. She quickly stopped her assault as she studied the stranger. It was the same man that stood by Benimaru's side, she could easily tell who it was as she could see his straight hair tied into a ponytail as well as the scar that spread across the middle of his face over his nose and almost ended at his cheekbones.

"Oh, my God!" Koshi quickly retracts her fist. "I'm so sorry! I thought you were someone trying to attack me from behind."

"No, it's alright," the man reassures her as he stands straight. "Sorry for startling you."

"No, no, no! It's okay," Koshi waves her hands. "Can I help you with anything? The diner's closed."

"No, I'm just doing my nightly surveillance," he answers. "I would knock on the doors of a majority of the buildings to check the residents. No one answered the door here."

"Oh, sorry about that... I was listening to music," Koshi sheepishly explains.

"It's quite alright," the man nods. "How are you enjoying your stay so far?"

"I've only been here for a day," Koshi's shoulders relaxed. "But upon first impressions, I really do like it here."

"I'm glad," he smiles. "Also..."

Koshi tilted her head a little bit.

"I would like to apologize for Beni's behavior towards you earlier today," he says. "He can be very... direct."

"Direct? I was going for ornery," Koshi turns back to the table to pick up the cleaning cloth. "Sorry for saying such things about your captain."

"No, it's alright. A lot of people who meet him for the first time always think about him along the lines of something like that..."

"He must be popular with guests and visitors," Koshi smirks.

"More or less," the man chuckles a bit. "But, I can assure you he is thankful for your help with the bandits that roamed Asakusa."

"Yeah," Koshi blushes a little. "I also want to apologize for how I handled that situation as well. I went a bit... too far."

"I will admit, while you did surprise me, I don't think you handled that terribly, it made them leave after all," he explained to her.

"I'm glad you think that."

"Pretty much everyone in town does."

"Including your captain?" Koshi raised her right eyebrow

"Including Waka."

'Waka... that must be how they address their Captain.' Koshi thought.

"I appreciate it, mister..."

"Konro," the man nods. "I'm the Lieutenant of Company 7."

"I appreciate it, Mister Konro," Koshi nods. "I also never introduced myself to you earlier... My name's Koshi Solaris."

"Solaris?" Konro raised his eyebrows.

"Yeah..." Koshi laughs a little. "Pretty weird name, I know."

"Oh no, not at all!" Konro reassures her. "It's a beautiful name."

"Why thank you!" Koshi grins. "I like your name too! Very short, simple, and sweet. Not a mouthful to say. No offense to your captain."

"It's completely understandable," Konro nods. "That's why I call him Beni for short."

"You must be very good friends with him if you call him Beni," Koshi says warmly.

"We've known each other for a long time," Konro shyly glances away. "Ah! I should go, it's almost very late at night."

"Of course! I'm actually finished with cleaning up myself," Koshi puts away the cloth. "Nice to officially meet you, lieutenant."

"And you, Miss Solaris."

"Please, call me Koshi," Koshi smiles. "Solaris can also be a bit of a mouthful to some people... Also, if your captain asks about my name? You can tell him if you like."

"Are you sure?" Konro tilted his head up. "I know he's my superior but it seemed like you didn't want him to know."

"I mean he's going to find out sooner or later since I'll be here for a week," Koshi said lifting her shoulders. "So it really doesn't matter to me. Not like I'll be staying here forever."

Konro hummed. "Well... If it's truly alright with you, then. I'll tell him if he asks."

"Fine by me," Koshi gave him a thumbs up.

"You have a goodnight, Koshi," Konro nods once more as he turns to leave.

"And you, Lieutenant Konro," Koshi smiles as she follows him to the front entrance. "Rest is very important for a Fire Force soldier after all."

Konro chuckles. "Until then."

"Until then!" Koshi locks up the diner and turns and makes her way to the hallway towards the stairwell that leads to her temporary room for the week. After closing her door, she sighs a little with relief. "...He seemed nice."

- 𖣔 -

As Konro walks back toward Company 7 he had a slightly serious expression on his face as he was deep in thought.

'Solaris...'

Konro was intrigued by her last name, but if anything, he also remembers hearing that surname before. But that was so long ago.

Solaris was the surname involving a case of a young woman that was claimed to be an Infernal. He believes her surname was Solaris, but also... there was more to that case involving the Solaris woman.

One of them was a faint description of the woman's physical features... she had an infinity tattoo on her back.

And so did Koshi.

'Could she... be related to her?'

And if Koshi is related to that woman, then that could only mean one thing...

Koshi Solaris is an Infinite. And if she was there for the events of ten years ago... she might've returned to have her vengeance on the people involved with that case... He and Benimaru included.

He can only pray that is not her true motive for being here, because if it is...

Then not even Sol himself can help them.