𝟘𝟛. 𝕗𝕚𝕣𝕤𝕥 𝕗𝕦𝕞𝕓𝕝𝕖

Koshi was in deep sleep as it was still early in the morning. Since the couple went out for early morning errands before opening the diner, they decided to let Koshi sleep in since she traveled far to get to Asakusa yesterday. She had her earbuds in and set on the lowest volume so she could hear her surroundings. But despite being able to still hear around her, she couldn't hear things from a fair distance from the building she was residing in.

Including the warning bell of an Infernal in Asakusa. As well as the cries of said Infernal a couple of blocks away from her current place of residency.

— 𖣔 —

"The festival is beginning!"

As the buildings explode and are engulfed in flames, Benimaru finds the infernal roaming around its burning surroundings. "Found you!"

The infernal looked up to see Benimaru looking down at him and just as the captain was about to approach him, there was an explosion at a nearby building. Benimaru didn't pay much attention to it, nor what sounded like a faint woman's scream. At least not until it sounded like the screams were getting louder.

'Wait- how-'

Benimaru barely turned his head when he suddenly felt something-no, someone-crash straight into him midair making him lose his grip and have the two of them fall out of the sky towards the ground.

"What the hell!?" Benimaru exclaimed.

"—THE FUUUUCK!!?" the woman screeched as she and Benimaru crashed and rolled into the ground.

Benimaru landed on his back while the stranger's torso was directly on top of him her waist and legs were on the ground.

"What in the fucking hell was that!?" the woman exclaimed as she lifted the upper half of her body from Benimaru and opened her eyes. Her amber-colored irises met Benimaru's red-colored eyes.

'Oh no,' Benimaru thought. 'Not-'

"You!" Both of them said at the same time.

"Waka!" Konro rushed to Benimaru. "Are you alright- Koshi?"

Benimaru turned to Konro upon hearing a name he doesn't recall.

"Oh, hey Konro," Koshi said to Konro. "How you doin this morning?"

"Umm... Fine?" Konro answers worriedly. Because did this woman just forget that she flew out of a burning building like a rocket straight into his captain?

"What the hell are you doing here!?" Benimaru snapped at the woman.

"Bitch- what the hell are you doing burning all these damn buildings!?" Koshi turned to Benimaru. "I thought you were a captain, not some genocidal arsonist! Are you trying to kill innocent people in these buildings?"

"But miss, we sounded the warning bell," Hinata explained. "So that we could evacuate everyone."

"I'm sorry-" Koshi turned to Hinata. "Did you just say bell? As in, bell tower bell?"

"That's right miss!" Hikage answered for her.

"...listen," Koshi sat up rubbing the bridge of her nose with her index finger. "No offense to any of y'all, but you need to invest into getting a loud siren or something because I couldn't hear shit-"

Benimaru sat up with a feral intense glare pointed at Koshi as he lifted his hand so he could grab her by her neck.

"Well, you had to have heard the Infernal, at least," Hikage frowned. "Didn't you?"