Part 5 - Bruce

Lucy's pov

" We could break the window" I suggested. "Someone would of already done that, Robin would've done that" Finney said pacing up and down." But we could still try" I said told him "it's not going to work" Finney shouted at the me I glared at him and sat on the mattress. Why did he have to be so annoying.

As the time went on the we tried to fall asleep on the uncomfortable small mattress. I was moving around finding it hard to get comfortable. " Can you stay still?" Finney asked. " Sorry it's just hard to get comfortable, there's not much space" I said almost as a whisper.
The basement was freezing, all I was wearing was a short sleeve t-shirt and jeans my jumper was in my school backpack which god knows where it's gone now.

I finally got to sleep for a couple hours. Me and Finney were back to back our backs touching. I woke up to Finney having a nightmare "Finney wake up" "Stop, stop it" he almost shouted. "Stop what?" We both flinched we saw the Grabber in the corner watching us.

Nobody's pov

"How are your eyes" the masked man asked. "They hurt" Finney answered. "We need food we haven't eaten in a while" " Well I can't bring you food right now" "Can the person upstairs bring us food" the girl asked." You don't need to worry about that" he said simply. "Why did you come down here then if your not going to feed us" Finney asked. "Just to watch you" the sentence made the children's skin crawl.

Once the Grabber left, the phone began to ring. Finney walked up to it. "Hello, is anyone there. Can you help us?" Finney asked. " FINNEY BOY" a voice said in a harsh whisper. Finney jumped back breathing heavily. The phone began to ring again, this time Lucy built up the courage to pick it up herself. " Hello" she asked quietly "Don't hang up" the voice told. "Who is this" she asked Finney walked to Lucy to listen. " I don't remember my name, it's the first thing you lose" the voice said. "First thing you lose when?" the curious girl asked. "You know when" the two looked at each other. " How do you know my name?" asked Finney. " We met once, your arm is mint, you almost had me" the voice answered. " Bruce, Bruce Yamada" "Y-Yeah" Bruce answered sounding confused but relieved. 

"Finney?" "Yeah" " There's a dirt section of the floor in the hallway where the tile is loose, dig down underneath the foundation" "Will we have enough time?" Finney asked as Lucy walked to the hallway to find the tile. Finney didn't get an answer the phone hung up. "Hello? Bruce?" Lucy had already began to dig up the ground soil was already everywhere. Finney walked up to her. "What are you doing?" he asked. "What Bruce said, this could be our way out of here" Lucy looked up to Finney who knelt down next to her an began digging. They flushed the soil down the toilet not wanting the grabber to see what they were doing. After a while the two were exhausted but they had to continue " You should go to sleep I'll finish digging" Finney told her. "You're going to be here all night" she said " I'm nearly there, I know it" he said encouragingly. " I'm not even tired" she said trying to convince the boy. " You can barley keep your eyes open" he looked at they girl who just sighed and walked to the uncomfortable mattress. "Goodnight" he told her "Night" she replied. He had a small smile on his face.

Finney's pov

I continued to dig and dig until my hands could fall off. I untied one of the rugs and placed it over the hole. I stumbled over to the mattress, Lucy was curled up into a ball sleeping peacefully, well as peaceful as you can in your kidnappers basement. I eventually fell asleep. Once I woke up Lucy was still sleeping. I just sat on the mattress until the lights suddenly turned on. Lucy jumped up from her sleep and looked at the door that was slowly creaking open. I grabbed her hand and pulled her up, I dragged her to the back wall so we were both as far away from the grabber as possible. 

~

Hope you like part 5 

- 742 words