Part 7 - Griffin

Lucy's pov

I was sitting on the mattress thinking to myself, Finney was pacing up and down the dull basement. Suddenly the lights turned on. Finney rushed over to me "Pretend your sleeping" he said before lying next to me. I heard the large door creek open and muffled breathing. " I know your not sleeping" The grabber said in a sing song voice. Me and Finney sat up slowly. " We're starving" Finney commented. " Tell me your names" The grabber asked. " Why do you care" I quickly asked. " I normally don't, just things are complicated, very complicated" "You could let us go, we promise we wont tell anyone, tie us up leave us on the street we'll walk home" Finney said desperately looking at me. I nodded in response. 

"Well tell me your names" he told us. Finney spoke up "Tylor, Tylor Mullen" Finney said he turned to me I looked at him confused. I didn't care if the grabber new my name he would find out eventually. "Lucy Baker" I looked at the masked man. He sighed before dropping the tray off food in his hands and letting it fall to the floor. He took what looked like to be a newspaper out from under his arm and threw it in front of Finney, Finney opened it revealing the front cover with a picture of each of us. In bold it said Lucy Baker and Finney Blake
MISSING.

" I was really starting to like you FINNEY" The grabber said emphasising Finney's name. "I almost let you go" he said before kicking the tray and leaving the basement. " Why would you do that" I almost shouted at him. He didn't even listen to what I was saying he just walked to the creaky door which I had realised the grabber had left open. He went to open the door but was interrupted by the phone ringing. We both rushed over there " Hello? Bruce? Billy-Paperboy?" the phone hung up.

Finney's pov

After a while we tried to fall asleep Lucymanaged to but I couldn't. I sat up hearing a weird dropping noise like a dripping tap. I turned on the light at the end of my rocket pen and looked round the dark room. The light landed on the phone, I slowly walked up to it, "Hello? Hello" I asked. "You don't have much time" A voice said. I walked up to Lucy the phone in my hand, I shook her slightly making her wake up. "What" she said in a groggy voice. "The phone" she sat up and I put it next to our ears. "The grabber hasn't been sleeping, he thinks he might figure it out." "Who" I ask. "His brother upstairs" The voice replied. " Are you Griffin, Griffin Stagg?" Lucy asked beside me. "Probably, it gets all a little hazy down here." Griffin responded. "Why hasn't he killed us" " you haven't played the game you have to play, it you don't play, he can't win" What game" Lucy asked. "Naughty boy and we'll I guess naughty girl too, if you don't play the Grabber can't beat you, if he can't beat you you can't move onto the next part"
"Ok so we play but what now" Lucy asked. "There's a combination lock, it was my bike lock" "Your bike lock ok what was it" I asked " I don't remember", I remember being afraid I'd forget it so I carved it into the wall" he told us. "Which wall" I asked as Lucy walked around the room trying to find the combination. "The one on the right, about shoulder height when your sitting down" Lucy sat next to the wall to find the combination, it read 2-3-3-1-7 I replayed the number order in my mind. " How do the numbers go is it 23-31-7 or" she was interrupted by Griffin. "I don't remember you'll have to try them all and be very quite about it" We looked into eachothers eyes. We walled to the door, I could see the fear in her eyes, I grabbed her hand and held it in mine, her face softened slightly. Maybe I didn't hate her that much after all.

~

Hope you like part 7
I'll try to upload as much as I can tomorrow 💖
- 723 words