Chapter 37

"Every memory he has access to is a weapon that he can use against you." Snape says one night during Harry's occlumency lesson. "You wouldn't last two seconds if he invaded your mind."

     "Yes I would!" Harry argues.

     "No you wouldn't Harry." Ursa says. "You struggle to keep me out and I am not a good legilimens. You need to ignore your emotions. Suppress them."

     "Enough!" Snape snaps. "You're just your father. Lazy, arrogant-"

     "Don't say a word against my father." Harry interrupts and Ursa sighs.

     "Weak."

     "I am not weak."

     "Then prove it! Control your emotions. Discipline your mind. Legilimens." The room goes silent as Harry tries to keep Snape out. The silence doesn't last long as Snape pulls out of Harry's mind.

     "Stop it!"

     "Is this what you call control?"

     "We've been at it for hours. If I could just rest."

     "The Dark Lord isn't resting!"

     "You need to be able to do this while tired Harry." Ursa says. "My guardian used to do this all day."

     "Sentimental children forever whining about how bitterly unfair your lives have been." Snape says.

     "Hey!" Ursa says.

     "Well it may have escaped your notice but life isn't fair. Your blessed father knew that. In fact he frequently thought-"

     "My father was a great man!" Harry interjects.

     "Your father was a swine. Legilimens."

     "Protego." Harry casts at the same time. The room goes silent and Ursa notices something is wrong with Snape. Suddenly, Snape seizes Harry by the collar of his shirt.

     "Severus!" Ursa warns.

     "Your lessons are at an end." Snape growls. "Get. Out." Snape releases Harry and Harry walks out of the room.

     "The spell reflected back on you didn't it?"

     "It did."

     "What did he see?"

     "My worst memory. His father bullying me and the day my friendship with Lily ended."

     "When you called her a- that word?"

     "A Mudblood, yes. Go to bed Ursa." Ursa hugs Snape.

     "Yes sir."

***

     Ursa walks into Snape's office and sits in one of the chairs. "We are here to discuss your plans for after Hogwarts and decide what classes you need to take during your sixth and seventh years." Snape says.

     "Why do I have to do this Severus?" Ursa groans. "I'm a Malfoy. I don't need a job. Even if I did it wouldn't matter what I want to do."

     "You could still get a job in the Ministry if you really wanted to. We also both know there is a chance you won't be a Malfoy forever. You need a plan in case you get disowned."

     "And I have one, a few actually."

     "Please share."

      "Well for one if I get disowned, you're next to take care of me."