Chapter 2

Photograph Me

Roseanne Park

Roseanne Park.

Jennie's thumb hovered over the name on her phone.

It was almost noon. Jennie hadn't called Rosé earlier, because she imagined the blonde goddess needed the rest after late nights at work.

Okay. Maybe that was half the truth she was telling herself.

The other half was that she was really nervous. Like, really nervous.

It was such an uncharacteristic feeling.

Women didn't make Jennie Kim nervous. Jennie Kim made women nervous. That was how it had always been.

But Roseanne Park had to crash land into her heart with her cute smirk and poppy eyes.

Damnit.

Damn a certain dancing little devil.

Okay, don't damn her at all. That was the last thing Jennie wanted. In fact, what Jennie wanted was the opposite: to worship Rosé in all of her dreamlike glory.

Jennie took a deep breath and hit the name on the screen before she could chicken out.

It rang and rang for what seemed like an eternity.

And then a sleepy Rosé picked up with a soft "hello."

"Rosé! I'm so sorry to wake you. I didn't think you'd still be sleeping. I can call back," Jennie said.

"No, Jennie. It's fine. I usually wake up early, it's just... I couldn't sleep last night."

"Is everything okay?"

The line went silent for much too long.

"Rosé..."

"I'm here. Sorry... I just couldn't stop thinking about you. I mean, about dinner. I was too excited to sleep. Oh gosh, I'm such a dork."

Jennie smiled and bit her lip.

"Well, if it's any consolation... I'm excited too. And you already know I can't stop thinking about you. That's nothing new."

"Has anyone ever told you that you're really smooth?"

"I do get that from time to time," Jennie said playfully.

Since when was Jennie playful?

"Ha. I bet you do," Rosé said.

Jennie had the odd feeling that her response bothered Rosé, from the tone of her voice, she sounded annoyed.

But Jennie didn't comment.

"I made a reservation at The River Café. Have you been there?" Jennie said.

"I can't say I have. But I'll google the address and meet you there."

"Let me pick you up."

Rosé didn't respond.