Chapter 01

"I'll be there in five minutes." TK said to Carlos over the phone, as he saw the uber finally arrive.

He looked at his watch, it was late. The cab was never late; just the day they were going to have dinner with their parents to start preparing the school holidays and the damn cab was late.

Add to that the fact that Carlos never left the police station on time because he was a damn perfectionist and had to close any open cases before he went home.

They were going to be late and the consequences of leaving their parents talking alone could be terrible for the next three months.

"I'm just finishing up some paperwork, but I'll be ready when you arrive."

"I know that's not going to happen, so remember we're booked at 8. My dad will be there at 7:45 and your parents will probably arrive earlier. We'd better avoid them having too much time to talk about the kid's holidays, or when we get there they'll have it all set up and we won't be able to say two words about it."

"Don't worry, tiger. I'm sure they'll behave themselves."

"I'm not so sure but I trust you. I'll get in the cab and see you soon. Be on time please," TK repeated again as he watched the cab park in front of him.

As the vehicle stopped, TK saw that the cab driver was someone different from the usual driver and that made him hesitate for a moment.

"I'm sorry Terry is at home with Julie. Did he tell you about Julie, his five year old?"

TK nodded. The usual cabbie, Terry, usually talked about his family a lot and sometimes it seemed like TK had known them forever, even though he had never met them before.

"Oh wow, I hope it's nothing serious."

"Nah, a little gastroenteritis; you know how kids are. But he's asked me to take you home. He'll give you 10% off for your trouble."

"No, really, it's been no bother at all. But I'm used to Terry and well...my partner's a cop, I guess it makes me overthink things.

He looked at the clock, it was getting late and if he counted the time it would take Carlos to finish and leave the police station, they could still make it to the restaurant in time.

Unlike Terry who kept talking, their driver for the day, John, was a quiet guy, who only cared about the drive and getting him to his destination.

He parked in the police station parking lot. TK looked at the time, he was going to give Carlos five more minutes before literally telling him to get his ass off his desk. But he was so nervous that he decided to relax for a moment, close his eyes, and rest his head on the cab seat.

A noise made him open his eyes and it almost seemed normal to find the barrel of a gun pointed at his face. But that didn't take away the fear that John behind the gun might shoot.

"What's this all about?" TK asked, trying to sound calm.

"You'll find out in a few minutes; don't worry. All you have to do now is stay here quietly with me and don't make a fuss."

"You expect me to sit here quietly while you point your gun at me and not ask for help?"

"I know what you're going to do, if you don't want us to hurt your boyfriend."

There were few things that really made TK nervous, but someone endangering Carlos was his weakest point.

"Who are you?"

"Too bad you don't remember me and my boys."

Two men opened the back doors of the car. One grabbed TK and no matter how hard he tried to scramble he couldn't get him off him, even less so when he wrapped an arm around his neck and squeezed him to stop him from moving. The other pinned his legs against the seat and grabbed his cell phone from his pocket.