Chapter 09

When Carlos woke up, he felt fine, as if he had spent three weeks in a coma. For the first time in many days he could say he was rested. He began to stretch and stir in bed like a cat after a three-hour nap.

He smiled as he felt TK's body behind him. He must not have moved all night, surely now he was waking up with a horrible backache, which he didn't deserve but he had made it a point to take care of him and sleep there, cuddled up to him, to make him feel well, to take away the nightmares.

Then the terrible stench hit him and he noticed that he had on dirty clothes, both his own with TK's.

He sat up and saw the greenish stain on his chest and another quite similar and of the same color, on TK's shirt.

"What...what happened?"

"You finally woke up," TK said, smiling at the sight of him. "I've been waking up several times and when the nurses came to check on you."

"And this?" Carlos pointed to their stained clothes.

"A couple of hours ago you vomited while you were sleeping. We tried to wake you up, but there was no way and I didn't have time to get to the basin. It wasn't much really, so I didn't want to disturb you."

"But it smells terrible and... Ty, I threw up on you."

"It's okay, I'm a paramedic, ending up with vomit on me is part of my day to day life."

"But it's not the same. I'm your husband and I threw up on you."

He sniffed him again and almost felt like throwing up again.

He managed to restrain himself and sat up. He had rested, that was true, but he still felt very weak, so he leaned his hand on the bed to manage to get his legs down, but in the end TK was faster. He got off the bed, stood in front of him and helped him to do the same.

"I need to take a shower...if we weren't in the hospital I'd ask you about taking a shower together."

TK smiled and moved in for a kiss, but Carlos pulled away with the excuse that his breath smelled bad, but TK grabbed his cheeks and held his head so he could kiss him on the lips.

"This is also part of taking care of you," TK whispered and took off his own shirt, then Carlos'.

Once Carlos was up, and even though his body was shaking a little and he felt insecure, leaning on TK, hugging him, he managed to take off all his pajamas. Already tired from the effort, he smiled.

"I think I could take a shower by myself. If you help me get to the bathroom I'll do the rest."

TK gave him a kiss on the cheek and another kiss on the neck, then wrapped his arms around his waist and pulled him into the bathroom.

Gabriel entered the room, with two huge cups of coffee for him and TK because Carlos wasn't allowed to drink anything caffeinated.

"Do you guys need help?"

"We both need a shower," TK said with a nice smile on his lips. "Can you stay here just in case?"

"Hey, it's just a shower." Carlos protested, but he was having a hard time walking because of shaky legs and what little strength he had and TK wouldn't let go.

As soon as they closed the bathroom door, Carlos plopped down on the stool in the bathtub. The little walk from the bed to there had left him totally defeated.

"Babe?" TK asked.

When Carlos opened his eyes, his husband was on his knees in front of him, his hands on his thighs, with that cute smile that had captivated the cop the first day they had met.