Taken By Surprise

Billy x Deaf reader

A/n: I am not deaf, so I do not know what it's like. But in this chapter, you are sometimes able to hear. I know that it's not technically deaf, but let me explain. You are able to read lips and know sign language. But you have rare moments where you can hear a loud noise or a voice of someone around you, but most of the time you are not able to hear.

I also did not proof read! Sorry for all the mistakes! Love y'all 💜💜
~

Mostly in Narrators POV, but will sometimes change.

You walk into your first class of the day, fiddling with the notebook in your hand. You had just moved into and were just starting at Hawkins. You calmed your mind before entering, seeing all the students in their seats. You walk to stand next to the teacher when they motion you to stand next to them. You watch the teacher speak, reading their lips.

"Please introduce yourself." The teacher said, turning to you. You nodded before grabbing your pencil from your pocket and started writing on the notebook. "Nice to meet you all! I'm Y/n L/n and I'm deaf. I can read lips as long as you speak a bit slower." You gave the class a smile, holding the notebook in their direction. Most of the students raised their brows or didn't care. You turned back to the teacher.

-

Billy watched in confusion as he watch you stare at the teacher. 'What the heck is wrong with this girl She some kind of weirdo?' He told himself as the teacher told you to introduce yourself. He watch you turn to the class and start writing in your notebook before turning it back towards the class. 'Oh.' Billy told himself as he read what you wrote.

Billy started to examine you, not paying attention to what the teacher was saying. 'Damn...She's hot...' He almost jumped at the eye contact when his eyes landed on your e/c eyes. He quickly broke it off as soon as you started to walk in his direction. You plopped yourself onto the seat next to him and smiled. You turned to a new page before writing, " Hi." Billy glanced at the notebook before glancing back at you and humming. "Billy." He said, introducing himself shortly before turning away.

-

You and Billy have been becoming closer. You both would write to each other on paper during class, sometimes getting caught by the teacher, making you silent laugh as Billy hides his chuckle, both of you not really caring. Sometimes you both just doodle random stuff out of boredom.

One day, it ended up being a free period, due to the teacher being out sick. You and Billy stayed in your seats in the half empty classroom since most of the kids left to do whatever. Billy began to write jokes down on the paper, making you continuously silent laugh. You then giggled, but it wasn't a silent one, it came out soft like a whisper, making Billy freeze and look at you.

You continued to giggle, not knowing you were being heard. Your eyes were closed, not noticing Billy staring at you. To Billy, you had the most beautiful giggle in the world, this made him even be surprised with himself. He placed his elbow on the desk, his hand holding up his head as he watched you finally relax.

When you opened your eyes, he couldn't help but stare. He let out a deep sigh, almost going into a love dazed face. He then snapped out of it. 'Billy! What are you thinking!' He yelled to himself.

-

You walked into class, holding your notebook against your chest. You strolled to the back of the class, right to where you and Billy sit. You began to write in your notebook, " Good morning Mr. Bad boy." Billy chuckled, his feet were propped up onto the desk, his arms were crossed before moving them in front of him. Your eyes widened.