❥ 𝘧𝘰𝘶𝘳

┗━━━━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━━━━┛

*Cleo's POV*

Shit, where am I.? I woke up on a couch, but not in my home. I was tightly bandaged head to toe but was still in agonizing pain. Moments after I woke up, I try to move but am hit with a wall of sensation along my skin. Pins and needles, knives. I feel a force push me back down and a curly haired brunette stands in front of me. Who..- Huh..? My memory seemed to be slightly damaged, but I can remember my name and that son of a bitch, Troy, so we're okay.

"Mike?" I whisper.

"No, you're with Mike. Mike's..sister." she says, in a monotone and quiet voice.

"Who are you.?" I ask, afraid of her already.

"El."

It sounds familiar to me. El? El-even.. Eleven? It feels like I should know this Eleven person. Wasn't there another Eleven? The one who saved Mike's friend. No way, he said she died. Thoughts rapidly circled my mind. I was confused, afraid, hurt, physically.

She sits me upright and that's when I get a good look at her. It can't be.

"Eleven..?"

"Hi."

I embrace her with a hug, her hugging back. I can't help but cry in her shoulder.

"You can't tell anyone I'm here. Secret." she whispers into my ear.

"Okay, Promise." I whisper back.

"Promise."

----------------------୨୧----------------------

*timeskip*

I woke up in my bed, in my own room.. Wait, in my own room? I sit up and look around. Wait, what happened? I was just with El on her couch. Did she take me here? I feel my face, its covered with the same bandages. I couldn't have been dreaming. I can't even ask anyone, she told me not to tell. Confused for what felt like the sixteenth time today, I lay back down, hoping to fall back asleep and forget everything that happened earlier. Not checking the time, not checking the house, not getting up. Going. To. Sleep.

*Max's POV*

"Do you think she's home?" I ask.

"We could try there." Dustin replied back

"You guys will have to lead me, I don't know where she lives." I hop onto my skateboard as they get on their bikes.

As they lead me over to her house, I cannot stop thinking about what I will do to the person who took her, made her suffer. It's only a matter of time before the boys join me on this idea. I memorize the route just in case it's ever needed again. What if something like this happens and I don't have anyone to tell me the way?

"Are we almost there?" I groan.

"It's right there." Lucas points to a big house at the end of the road.

I skate faster, I have to get there to see. I have to now!

I walk jump off the board and run up to the door, frantically knocking on it. A older woman answers, I guess it's her mother. 

"Is Cleo here? We're her friends." I say, trying to seem calm.

"Friends? Oh it's nice to see her finally making friends! Ah, yes, Cleo's just up in her room. Up the stairs, second door on your right." Cleo's mother says. She seems a lot calmer, i'm unsure if she knows about the situation.

The tree of us run upstairs to the door specified.

"Should we knock?" Lucas whispers.

"No of course not! She could be dead in there!" Dustin whisper-shouts back.

"She's not dead, I'm just gonna knock." I hiss to the boys. (a/n: furry /j)

*knock knock* no reply.

*knock knock knock* still nothing.

"Okay nevermind, i'm opening it" I whisper.

I slowlt open the door, she's laying in bed. How did she get here-? Nobody could've been there to take her, there was no sign she walked away.. I stop my questioning when I feel a light push on my back.

"You first."

What jerks.

I slowly walk over, she's mostly covered in her blankets. The boys quietly follow me, still a distance away. Wow. I pull down her blanket only a little, just enough to see her face and shoulders. She's all bandaged. I feel her face, thick bandages, she was really badly hurt.

"Oh my god."
"Holy shit."
The boys both whisper.

I check her pulse, no way she's dead. But what if Dustin was right? No, can't be. A few seconds go by, she's alive.

..hm

"I'm gonna stay in here with her, you two can go home. If anything happens, I'll call." I say, looking back at them. Before I know it, they're gone.

I sit on a cushioned chair in her room, waiting for her to wake up. Hours go by and I've only kept myself occupied by reading the books in her room. I fall asleep with one on my chest. Maybe she'll wake me up later.

----------------------୨୧----------------------

*timeskip again*
*Cleo's POV*

I wake up in the same spot I was. I still wonder if El was real, or just my imagination getting the best of me. I wonder why I would be dreaming about her at a time like this. Maybe it's because I was hurt and desperate for someone to help me. She's a healer to us.

I look over, about to get up and- Max? What's she doing here? Did mom let her in -? So much has been happening, I can't even fathom the weight of it all, overthinking is the last thing i'd like to do as of right now.

I slowly get up, pain slowly kicking in but not as extreme as before. My bandages are on better which for some reason reduces my pain. I walk over and sit by Max, lightly poking her. She doesn't wake up on the first few tries but as time goes on, she eventually gives in. Her eyes flutter open and stare at me with shock. Jumping up immediately, she hugs me tightly and falls onto the chair with me in her arms.

cuties

SORRY I KNOW ITS ANOTHER SHORT ONE BUT I WAS BUSY OK

i was busy im tired let me sleep w u /hj

<3

-el