Chapter One: The Wyrm, The Root, And The Five Great Knights

You were awoken by a knock at the door. Stirring out of your bed, you answered.

"Come in." You yelled to whoever was on the other side, rubbing your eyes and yawning.

"Y/n/" The Pale King nodded. "If you'd like to join us, the queen, our knights, and I were about to have dinner. Normally I'd just send one of them to come get a guest whenever they were welcomed, but you're an... exceptional guest, if you will. As such, you are more than welcome to eat with us." He smiled at you.

"Oh, I'd love to join you! Lead the way, my King." You bowed slightly, wanting to show respect but not knowing how. But, if we're being real here, does he really deserve the respect, considering what he's doing to his own child? It might just be called a vessel and nothing more, but still...

Not too far from where you and the Pale King were walking, you heard talking and laughter from a open doorway. A large one, too. Why would the Pale King of all insects even need a doorway that big? He led you into the door, where you were greeted by six different faces.

Though you couldn't exactly tell what most were, you identified one as a beetle. That was as far as your knowledge of other bugs went. You also were able to identify the White Lady, as you had heard many things about the Wyrm and Root, and she definitely checked out as a root.

"Hey there, newcomer! Welcome to our beauteous feast! I'm Ogrim, what's your name?" The beetle, Ogrim, asked cheerfully.

"It's nice to meet you, my name is Y/n, and I'm from the Kingdom Xypheir." You bowed to them.

"My, I've heard that Kingdom is a lovely one, the only rival Hallownest has had in its time. How I'd love to go visit it someday. Oh, I do apologize, I haven't even given so much as an introduction! My name is Isma, and, much like Ogrim, I am one of the Five Great Knights of Hallownest." Isma smiled, standing up and walking towards you to shake your hand.

"Pleasantly sweet, as always with you, Isma. I'm Hegemol, another one of the Five Knights. Pleased to meet you, truly," Hegemol nodded, and you did the same. It was a bit weird, how you only wanted to eat, and ended up doing a Meet and Greet with Hallownest's best knights.

"My name is Dryya, yet another member of the Five Great Knights. I wasn't expected to meet someone new, but I'm glad to have done so, seeing just how sweet you are." She smiled at you, and you thanked her.

"Ahh, Me'hon, Che' feels great honor to be meeting you. Ai. Che's name is Ze'Mer." Ze'Mer bowed her head.

"It's great to meet you all as well." You smiled, and while it was sincere smile, you just wanted food right now. Hegemol patted a chair beside him, welcoming you to sit by him. He must have read the look on your face. You thanked him as you sat down.

"I apologize for not introducing myself sooner, I was merely awaiting the other introductions as to not interrupt anyone." The Root, who you still assumed was the White Lady, spoke up. "By many, I am simply referred to as the White Lady. Please feel free to do the same, young fighter. So it is you who was called here, to train our vessel? Do correct me if I'm mistaken."

"No, no, you're right, madam." You nodded.

She smiled. "I must thank you. I'm aware that it isn't the most pleasant to leave your home, for the sake of training a vessel, but I feel immense gratitude for your choice in doing so. When shall you commence the training?"

"I told her that she's allowed to begin tomorrow, my lady." The Pale King answered for you. The White Lady nodded her head, seeming to accept that answer.

"Well, what are we waiting for?" Hegemol let out a lighthearted laugh. "Let's dig in before it gets cold!" With that, you all began eating your food, chatting happily between bites. Well, mostly just you and the five Knights, the White Lady and Pale King didn't participate too much. The only people he really said much to, that wasn't related to business, was you and the White Lady.