Chapter 1: A Thunderstorm

Ira's POV:

I squeaked as a large lightning bolt pierced the sky, sending a loud wave of thunder. The ground under me rumbled, my back pressed against the tree I was under.

Maybe I should go somewhere safer... I thought to myself. Trees aren't the place to be during a huge thunderstorm.

I had always been terrified of those terrible thunder flashes, but no way in hell was I going to let Bel or Marmo know. They'd make fun of me and probably lock me outside in the rain.

I held my soggy purple coat in my arms and cursed the weather under my breath. I should have never come out here. I backed away from the tree and began to walk towards a familiar house, a house I might be welcomed at.
********************************************

"G-glitter Diamond..!?" I croaked out, sounding a lot less manly and more terrified than I intended.

The blue-haired glitter force girl was in the kitchen cooking, I saw. Pancakes on the stove, her window slightly open to enjoy the sounds of the rain. As soon as I said her name, she heard me.

"I—Ira?!" She stammered. The spatula she held onto dropped onto the floor.

Heh. She totally wasn't prepared to see me, and I loved it from her. A part of me hoped she would notice that I looked different with my hair wet and jacket off, but the thought made me cringe.
********************************************

Rachel's POV:

Oh my glitter, what is Ira doing here?! I almost yelled but I wiped the sweat off my forehead and sighed.

"Well, look who it is," I smiled, and took off my apron. "Didnt expect to see a totally soaked mercenare at my door today!"

"Oh please," I saw Ira scoff, "I actually love being soaked in the rain. I just happened to pass by your house, is all." Crossing his arms, Ira turned his head away from me and puffed his chest out like a kid.

I giggled, because I knew that wasn't true. I had seen him totally cower during one of our fights because Glitter Heart tumbled over a trash can. Its sound was identical to thunder, and the poor guy covered his ears and whimpered.

As I focused back on Ira in front of me, I noticed his nose red and eyes groggy. That totally wasn't good.

"Hey, as much as a 'rain guy' you are... I think you'd like it better inside," I offered. I saw the faintest glimmer of excitement in his eyes, and I walked him in.

I tried to ignore how different he looked with his hair wet and no jacket on. I hope he doesn't notice I'm trying.
********************************************

Ira's POV,

Rachel reassured me— er, glitter Diamond I mean— that her parents were away so I wouldn't worry about that. Rory, her blue Pixie was at Glitter Heart's house because he and Kippie were having a sleepover.

"Is this tea hot enough for you?" said the blue haired girl.

"Yes, I guess," i told her, accepting her drink but not being too kind. She was my enemy after all, and I'm not going to soften up from a little hospitality.

I scanned my eyes around her room and I got to know her. There were good grades posted onto her wall, and lots of achievements and stuff saying "honors student." I guess she really cared about that "school"  stuff.

There was her blue comforter and pristine white pillows, one which she had given to me to rest my head on. As I sat in her chair, I tried to ignore how the pillow smelled of freshly-cut lavender. I breathed in slowly; I think I love her smell...