Chapter 8: Surprise Date

⚠️ heads up: semi-spicy kiss this chapter hehe⚠️
*******************************************

Ira's POV,

It was a bright and sunny morning. Outside Johnny's always-girly-pink shop, birds were chirping, and the clouds rolled peacefully.

This feels weird, my stomach was saying. I felt kind of queasy, so I got up and off the couch, making my way to the man's bathroom. Its walls, I noticed, were a flashy and annoying yellow, which made total sense.

Disappointing, I thought, but not surprised.

There was nothing in my stomach left, as I had thrown it up the night before when I left the hideout. All that came out my mouth was clear, sticky bile as I stood over the toilet, gently relieving my abdomen.

"I'll be in the room next to the kitchen if you need anything," Johnny had said last night.

I wiped my mouth aggressively.

There's no way in hell I'm asking for anyone's help, much less if it's that girlish guy.

So, as quietly as I could, I slipped out of the bathroom and tried to get back in my couch before he noticed.

I pretty much failed, beginning to feel the presence of his two golden eyes on my back.

"Hey there, champ," his voice called at me, some pity in his tone.

In an instant, the blonde man appeared in front of me to make sure I was okay.

"I heard the hurly-burly back there," he said. "I just wanted to check up on you to see if you wanted any help."

I shook my head, trying to increase the distance between us.

"I promise I'm fine," I lied, looking away.

Who even says hurly-burly?

My focus went to the window in my room space, and I had to glare my eyes to see what was outside in the distance. Once I got a good view, I almost couldn't believe it.

"Is that Rachel?" my heart pounded, mouth moving before I could even think. My legs did too, and in a second I had rushed over to see better.

I felt Johnny's large physique lean over me, and it made me feel insecure.

"I meant Glitter Diamond," I stated, crossing my arms. I refused to look up at him.

No signs of weaknesses.

The man pushed a layer of bangs away from his forehead. "Indeed it is," he confirmed, eyeing my girlfriend.

We both walked swiftly to the door and Johnny opened it for both of us. At the door, Rachel's cheeks were blooming, not surprising to me considering how blasting hot it can get here on Earth.

"Hey, Johnny!" She sweetly said, clutching onto her chartreuse colored purse.

I noticed it was in the shape of a frog, matching her colored dress and —wait a second— rain boots?

"What're the muck shoes for?" I questioned, eyeing her outfit again. A fluffy blue skirt over a frilly, white blouse she chose to pair with toad accessories. So silly, but so damn adorably like her.

"There's rain in the forecast later," Rachel revealed, sneaking a frog-printed umbrella from behind her. "This is to be prepared."

And of course this girl has something planned for today, I'm thinking. There has to be, or else she wouldn't show up at the door with that look on her face.