Ch. 3 Holly Jolly

It was the next day as Johnathan awoke to his mother's voice, as well as (Y/N)'s talking in Wills room. "Will...please..." (Y/N) whimpered softly curled up in Wills blanket on the bed.
As Johnathan opened the bedroom door he saw Joyce and (Y/N) sitting on his bed surrounded by multiple lamps. "Will please...we're here..." Joyce pleaded softly.
"Guys..whats going on?.." Johnathan asked looking at them bewildered.
"Johnathan! C'mere c'mere!" Joyce brought him over to the bed and sat him with her and (Y/N). "It's- it's Will he's trying... to communicate with us.." Joyce explained. As she told him Johnathan was there a lamp went off, "There!"

Johnathan slowly grabbed both her hands, "It's just the electricity acting up.."

At that an argument between the two broke out. "Ask (Y/N) he saw! He was here!" As the small boy tried to speak Johnathan looked at her in disbelief, "He's already tramatized! So are you trying to make his mental state worse?!"

"He is just lost. People are looking for him and are going to find him!.." Johnathan got out shakily holding Joyce by her shoulders.

(Y/N) frowned as Joyce began apologizing. "Now please.. both of you..get some sleep.."
"Mum...?" (Y/N) whimpered weakly.
Joyce looked to the boy as he held his arms out. She sniffled and gently picked him up, "We just need a minute.."
Johnathan nodded in understanding, "I'll go make breakfast.." he spoke softly and got up leaving the room.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

It was soon the afternoon as Joyce and (Y/N) went down to the shop to buy as many Christmas lights as they could, (Y/N) brought the bit of money he had from allowance and as Donald the guy at the cash register looked at them a bit confused, "Joyce?.." "Just ring me up Donald." She said obviously a bit frustrated. (Y/N) slowly put the money up for him to count. "This only covers half..." "Put it on my tab." He silently nodded and did so the two then headed out and back to the house hopeful about their plan.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•
A

fter getting them up and plugged in (Y/N) looked at it all in slight awe, hope in his eyes as he looked at Joyce smiling slightly, her smiling back.
They looked to the door as a knock sounded and Joyce quickly went to answer it. It was Mrs. Wheeler and her daughter she smiled kindly at Joyce. "Hey!" "H..Hey Karen.." Joyce answered back giving a strained smile. She looked to see (Y/N) and waved softly to which he waved back. "I brought you a casserole." She spoke, "Ah thank you..you wanna um...you wanna come in?.." she asked in an exhausted voice as she invited them inside and sat at the table.

As the casserole cooked the two women talked as (Y/N) sat quietly awaiting for the food to be done. "Will..always liked Christmas so I thought putting them up...would feel like he was home..it's silly i know.." Mrs. Wheeler was quick to console her and tell it was okay and asked about Johnathan.
(Y/N) completely understood why she lied about them, who would believe them if Johnathan didn't even believe them.

(Y/N) however noticed as the little girl got up and began to head down the hall, he was quick to follow after her to make sure she didn't get hurt following the lights as the two women talked in the background. Watching the lights flicker he was worried especially when they shut off. Quickly intervening when the wallpaper morphed picked her up as her and Joyce got Holly. Soon having the two leave.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

It was some time later, Joyce was smoking a cigarette contemplating about what was going on. (Y/N) was asleep curled up on the couch.

Suddenly her dog began barking startling Joyce. Watching as the lights blinked leading her to a cupboard. She quickly grabbed a bundle of white Christmas lights getting into it sighing shakily, "Will..a..are you there?.." she cried slightly as it glowed brightly.

After their short conversation, getting an idea she quickly went to (Y/N) shaking his shoulder gently. He hummed softly a bit opening his eyes rubbing them. "(Y/N) I need you write an alphabet on the wall with this paint, under each of the lights.." he nodded and quickly got to work Joyce helping him when he needed.

Soon they had it, (Y/N) hugged onto her nervous if it would even work. "Okay baby..w..where are you?.." Joyce asked. She then spelt it out, "R...good job good job...I...G....H....T...H...E...R...E... Right..here.." she cried smiling weakly hugging tightly to (Y/N). "Please tell us what do we need to do?.."

"R...U...N..."

Suddenly the lights fashed flickering rapidly around the two as they watched panicked. Then they shut off completely. They froze and suddenly heard the wallpaper squelching ripping then a familiar growl. They slowly turned around watching as the creature clawed through the wall as if it were paper in absolute terror.
(Y/N) knew exactly what it was, the image of it burned in his memory clear as day.
The monster that took Will.

They both ran out of the house terrified as it shrieked at them and began running not hearing the sirens blaring behind them. As they ran a pair of headlights came into view making they stop breathing heavily and shakily, it was Johnathan who quickly got out seeing who it was, "Mom! (Y/N)!?" He was surprised but quickly went over embracing them as they cried trembling terrified in his arms.

Soon the sirens came closer as the night faded away.