Ch. 4 The Body

The 3 were now outside the house leaning against the hood of Johnathans car. Hopper was explaining to them what was found, and they tried to explain what happened.

They examined the house to find the wall intact.

Both Joyce and (Y/N) were in slight shock seeing the wall intact. They barely heard as the Chief of police explained to them what had been found.

"Joyce...do you understand what I'm saying?.." He asked calmly. She slowly shook her head, "No...whoever you found...is not my boy...its not Will.." Hopper tried to counter but froze hearing a small frail voice looking down at the boy who was his only witness, "You don't understand...we..we talked to him.. half hour ago..." he spoke quietly.
Joyce nodded as she held the boy, and quickly went to show them the lights and try to explain it all. "He was hiding from that...that thing!.."
"The monster that came out of the wall?.."
The two nodded while he looked at them skeptical. Johnathan quickly intervened beginning to try and calm Joyce down. (Y/N) finally decided to speak up about what happened, "The wall monster...took...Will.." he said loud enough to be audible to the 3, "Yes son, we know a horrible monster of a person did something to Will." Knowing he'd never get the point across to anyone but Joyce as she frantically tried to say he was telling the truth Hopper had the two sit down.
"Listen to me..after Sarah...I saw her too..and I heard her..I didn't know what was real..but then I figured out it was all in my mind..and i had to pack it all away..otherwise i was gonna fall down a hole I couldn't get out of..." Joyce whimpered shaking her head slowly a bit. "Y..You're talking about grief..this is different..."

"I swear what we saw was real.."

Soon after the two were sat on the couch, Joyce armed with an axe, and (Y/N) armed with small hunting knife.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

It was soon morning and the two were asleep (Y/N) was curled up into Joyce's side asleep.

She suddenly woke up hearing Will, and opened her eyes to see him for a moment, then she truely woke to see Johnathan waking them. (Y/N) looking up sleepily at them.

"C'mon...we gotta go..to see Will.." he spoke softly, "Let (Y/N) stay here and rest..."

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

It was late afternoon, Joyce and (Y/N) were a bit worried and frustrated. She nodded as (Y/N) started up the radio. 'Should I Stay or Should I Go' blasting on the speakers as they both called out to him desperate for answers.

Soon stopping the music hearing a banging in the wall they looked towards it. Joyce hesitantly walking over. "Mom??..." Wills voice spoke out making them gasp, "Will?!" Joyce desperately began feeling at the wall as (Y/N) grabbed the axe going over just in case, soon finally ripping off the wallpaper they came face to face with a clear wall of some type of substance, "WILL!" They both cried trying to get to him as he cried back at them explaining where he was. They both told him to run as the monster began approaching and the wall began to seal. Desperate she took the axe from (Y/N) and began hacking at the wall screaming as (Y/N) helped her.

But all they did was make a hole in the wall and Joyce wailed. (Y/N) however ran out the door and through the woods crying as he just ran, ran as far as his legs could carry him. Joyce tried to call out to him but let him be as she looked out the hole she had made in the wall crying.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•