Chapter 3: The Beginning

Hey, dear lovely readers.

Here, is the continuation of the story. Feel free to read it and comment whether it is good or not.

If most of you comment it wasn't that good. Perhaps, I would stop writing it.
.
.
.
KIDDING!! I would never stop because this is my story, my work. I would never stop just because someone asks me to stop.

Happy reading;))))
..,................................

[Lucas POV]

My family is a quite a well-known family in this town named Philbergh, located at Illinois.

It was because my great-grandfather, Samuel Malvern had been contributed to the town and also the community in terms of providing job opportunity for the community and also the growth of the town.

Nope, he is not the Mayor of the town. He is just a businessman and also a passionate farmer.

He began from the ground until he managed to own his own company with several factories in processing the harvest; that includes corn, wheat, barley and oat.

My great-grandfather just make fully used of the land that he owns and unknowingly he had grew a vast field of crops.

Thus, the business was inherited towards my grandfather and then passed down to my father.

Hence, I grew up there as one of the heir of Malvern family.

Apart from that, my family also a very religious one. We would never miss to visit the church every Sunday morning and to listen to the sermon by Father Jacob.

So, the first time I met with my babe was about 12 years ago.
During that time I was 17 years old and an 11th grader in Philbergh High School.

It was Sunday; the day when I had to wake up early even it was a weekend because I had to attend the sermon at the church just like every other Sunday.

I went there with my parent, my grandma and my siblings, Nolan and Phoebe. As we arrived at the church compound, my parents and my grandma went to talk with the others just to kill some time before the sermon start.

Whilst, both Nolan and Phoebe went to play with the other kids, I decided to wait for them in the church hall.

As I stepped inside the hall, I saw this small figure belongs to a boy, who was sitting at the third row of the benches and he was praying to the god. So, I didn't want to disturb him and decide to walk slowly without making any sound and took a seat at the very back of the hall.

It was 9.00 am sharp, when the people start to swarm into the hall.

Later, that boy stood up from his seat and walked out from the hall. And that was the first time I saw his face as he walked pass me who was sitting at the bench.

He is pretty.

Unconsciously, I said that in my heart the moment I looked at him. And, my eyes just followed his figure until he disappeared from behind the door.

"Lucas?"

"Lucas?"

I was in a daze the moment my mom calling out for my name and then, got startle when my mom touched me by my shoulder.

"Oh! Mom! What is it, mom?" I was caught being flabbergasted.

"What are you looking at, sweetheart? You don't even listen to me calling for you."

Stammering grasped me at the moment. "I-I...it's just that...I just now..." I couldn't find a word.

"Okay-okay. That's enough. The sermon is about to begin. Would you move to the front seat with me?" Asked my mother.

I just followed her lead. "Okay, mom."

I would be dead if mom catches me staring at a boy. Thus, it is better for me just to do what she says as long as she would drop the question.
.........
And for sure, during the whole sermon all I could think about is that boy, which I find pretty?

Wait, WHAT?! Did I just say that boy just now, pretty? Instead of ;handsome? What the hell is wrong with my head? And, why I could not avert my gaze from him just now? Why the hell, Lucas? Why you acting weird like this? UGhHHHH!!!

"What are you doing? Pacing back and forth like that?" Asked a small voice from behind me, that belongs to my little sister, Phoebe.

I turned around and said, "Phoebe...how many times I need to tell you to knock on the door before coming into my room!"

"I did knock, but you didn't answer it. So, I just find my way in myself...since you didn't lock the door." She said being smart.

I growled of annoyance and asked her, "Then, what do you want?"

"You need to learn to make use of your watch. What time is it now? Do I always have to call you down for dinner?" She said being sarcastic.

"You little prick!! Fine! I'll be down in a minute."

This kid can get to my nerves sometimes.

Even after I said that to her, she wouldn't move an inch from my room.

"Why are you still here? I've told you I will come down in a sec."

She crossed both of her arms over her chest. "Nope, I won't come down, unless you come together with me. Because, if I come down alone...mom will make me come and get you once again."

This time I couldn't hold my anger any longer, this kid really trying to get on my nerves for sure.

"PHOEBE!! You Little Prick!!!" I shouted it out while running after her.

She was running so fast that I almost couldn't catch up against her.

"Mommy!! Help me!!" She was asking for a shelter from my mom as she running towards her who was busy plating out the meals.

"What are you two playing now?" Asked my mom confused.

"She just wouldn't leave me alone, mom." I complained to my mother like a 7years old kid.

Sometimes, I do question myself, why would I play along with this 11 years old kid. Luckily, Nolan isn't a pain in the neck like Phoebe. Eventho, Nolan is the youngest, but sometimes he acted more matured than Phoebe and me.

Nolan is two years younger than Phoebe. But, he is an introvert person and genius too.

"Lucas...can't you act more like your age? Phoebe just went to get you down for dinner, no need to argue with her like this."

Of course, I would be the one to get scolded back.

"That's enough, both of you take a seat." Ordered the ma'am of the house.

At fall of a hat, both of us took our seat as being ordered.

"What about, dad and grandma...and Nolan?" I asked.

"I already asked Nolan to call for your dad at the farm. As for your grandma, she isn't feeling well...so she's resting in her room."

"Grandma is sick? Should I bring the dinner to her room, then?" I was being concerned and worried, because I was closed with grandma more than my parent.

Back then, grandma always taking care of me when my parent were busy handling the factories. I guessed, it's time for me to return the favour by taking care of her when she is sick.

"It's okay. She just falls asleep just now. Just let grandma to rest for now."

I just nodded once.
............................

Mon. 010822. 18:13