Chapter 6: Staying or Not?

Hi, dear lovely readers. Thanks for supporting my works and I really hope you would love this novel too.

Please take care of yourself okay :)

Happy Reading:)))
..................

[Shay POV]

It has been 2 weeks after my mother's burial ceremony. And, the pain of missing her is unbearable. Up until now, I just can do nothing other than wallowing in tears.

I had lost my appetite.

I had lost my sleep.

I even had lost my strength to going further.

Mom is my strength. My motivation. My inspiration.

She is my everything.

I just can't imagine my life without her, but now, she's really gone. And, I didn't know how should go on.

"Son. It is time for us to go back to our home. My leave is overdue and I need to get back to work." Spoke Dad from in front of me.

I was sitting on the bench under the shady tree which located in the compound of my grandparents house, when my father approaching me.

"Home? Which home?" I asked in monotone.

"Our home in Phillbergh" Replied my father.

My brows furrowed on the mention of it. "What?! I thought- I thought that we gonna stay here." I was stuttering out of shock from the news I just received.
"Besides...mom has gone, dad. She's gone. I just can't stay there anymore." I continued and simultaneously, tears begin to pool in my eyes, just at the remembrance of the ac
incident that had befallen upon my mother at that house.

"Shay...son...that house in Phillbergh has already become our new home. We can't just abandon it."

"If you want to leave, just leave. I'm staying here. Just let me stay here with grandpa and grandma. I can't get back to that house anymore...after that incident." I was insisting. However, that wasn't the sole reason why I don't want to go back there.

I wanted to stay because my mom is here. So, it is more convenient for me to go and visit her whenever I miss her.

"Shay, please don't do this to me. I thought that we had an agreement before. And you also agree to it. You had agreed to move to Phillbergh and we will start our new life over there." Dad still do not give up on persuade me.

I wiped the tears off my cheeks with my hand before said, "That was before...when mom is still alive. But now, she's gone. There's nothing left, dad. There's nothing left.  It is better if we stay here, closer to mom. And it is more convenient for us to go and visit her." I made an offer to my dad for him to change his mind.

"Shay... your mother, my wife. She will always remain in our hearts, our minds and our memories. Whenever we miss her, all we have to do is think of her. Think about all the good memories we had with her. Because, in our memories she alive."

By listening to what my father had said just now, my mind started to open up a bit. I can think more sense into it.

"Aren't you coming with us, Shay?" Asked a small voice belongs to my little sister named Stella who just showing up and standing right beside dad.

My eyes anchoring towards her face instantly upon hearing to her voice.

"Ella..." I whispered her name.

"If you not coming with us...I would surely be lonely. Who would play with me? Who would talk to me? Who would accompany me whenever dad is busy with works? Can you please be with us?" She's only 9 yet, she's so good with words. Words that spoke sense into me.