The Participants Of This Game Are Stationed In A Manor

"Haaah...haaah."

"Hey! Get up! Come on Get Up Get Up!" A man shouted my name as I laid there injured, he pulled out a syringe and stuck it into my back healing me..I don't know the make up of it but..it always worked.

"Come on Felix! Up up up." He called my name and things began to get clear again, my name...but my head won't stop spinning. He took me toward a machine, it looked like an old typewriter..I've never used one so I was perplexed on what exactly I had to do.

"Come on Felix you'll be fine man, I just need you to connect those wires. Here tape them together to hold it." He continued to speak and I nodded, I didn't have much info to go off..I don't know why my head is just so fuzzy.

"Ta-Tape the cords together?"

"Yeah." I listened to the man and he continued to type a message on the typewriter, it sparked and I jumped back.

"No no no no no no damn it!" He punched the side of it.

"Come on Felix you got it." I amped myself up and connected the wires and wrapped the tape around it, a spark flew at me and I jumped out of the way.

"Nice!" The typewriter powered a generator and a light turned on.

"Run run run!" I nodded and got up sprinting after him, he pointed ahead and I saw a door. I ran even faster than him as he called out.

"Press buttons you have to be consistent. It counts down and we get free, just go!"

"Got it!" I began to do as he told me, rapidly pressing buttons at a vigorous pace making sure to continue, my head began to get fuzzier and fuzzier but for some reason..it felt..clear? The metal doors opened with a loud grinding sound as I walked forward and suddenly heard a scream, I turned and saw the man being descended upon by someone else. He was tall..not like tall but impossibly tall, he had on a top hat and a suit and claws, he laughed as he slashed at the man. He fell and the tall man laughed as he raised his bladed fingers and brought them down upon him.

"N-No! NO!!"

"DANIEL!!!" I awoke with a shriek of terror, I looked around as I was now in a room.

"....Sooo you didn't sleep well did you?" I heard a voice beside me and turned to see someone in the corner of my room, he was seated and wearing a large black torn cloak. His emerald eyes glowing in the moonlight.

"Yeah...I..eh heh..sorry..wait. Why are you-?"

"You paid me to watch over you cause you're afraid, I've been awake the entire time watching you. You're welcome." Right this was the Merc..I don't know his name but turns out he was a Mercenary before he came here.

"Are you going back to sleep or staying awake all night?"

"I'll sleep soon...I'll..yeah I'll sleep."

"Mhm." He kept staring at me as I laid down, now it felt uncomfortable feeling his eyes locked onto me.

"Fel-AUGH OH DAMN WHOA!" I heard someone yell and then a thud, I sprung up and fell out of my bed and saw The Mercenary had someone pinned to the floor. Once my eyes adjusted I saw it was our other friend, Adam.

"Ow Ow Ow Ow Ow Ow!! Let go!"

"Hm? Wrong Person.." The Mercenary released him and then sat back down, he stared at us as I picked myself up just as Adam did. Adam handed me my glasses and I wiped them down before putting them on.

"H-Hey Adam, what's up?"

"Aside from you scaring me half to death screaming out "Daniel" I'm here to check in on you. Since we'll be paired up tomorrow, with him?" Adam pointed to The Mercenary who didn't seem to care about what we were talking about, he just seemed to be focusing on Adam looking for a reason to attack him again.

"We don't know exactly who we'll be up against however I have some rather fruitful insight on the next location we'll be at, we'll be in a sort of amalgam."

"Explain." The Mercenary called out.

"A Mixture of water and land, apparently this place was flooded. I don't know who could move effectively in this area but we should expect something aquatic."

"Aquatic? What does that mean? I uhm well I know what the word means but in the-"

"You aren't serious? Aquatic, that means whomever or whatever we are fighting deals with water. In some capacity."

"I-I know but I-"

"What? Spit it out, you're babbling like an idiot."

"It's just I-"

"How about you get the hell out? He needs sleep and your insight isn't helping out, I'm sorry your ego I mean. The insight is a thanks, the ego can piss off." Our conversation was interrupted by the Mercenary, odd he is usually so quiet.

"Excuse me?"

"You heard me." The Mercenary stood up and he looked down at Adam.

"Get the hell out, the runt-"

"Ac-Actually my name is Felix."

"Here paid me to watch over him. So guess what I'm doing, you're scaring the idiot so guess what. You're part of my contract's kill list, believe me. I'm good with my bare hands." The Mercenary threatened Adam who stepped back, he would fix his glasses and take a deep breath.

"Felix call him off."

"He-Hey just uhm..come on. He's just worried, after all we need to all win as a good collective for victory..." I tried my best to intervene and calm The Mercenary, he looked at me and then stepped toward me.

"Ah!" I couldn't help it, he scared me badly and I cowered away.

"I-I-"

"Find me first tomorrow, I'll be looking for you." I felt him wrap his arm around my neck and whisper in my ear, Find him? He's on our team?

"A-Ah."

"Out." He turned and glared at Adam who proceeded to leave the room, he would then take his seat again and fold his arms and seemingly fall asleep. I was still a bit frozen so I did what I normally do when I'm scared, focus my mind on helping others.

".....Mph..what..the hell is this?"

"A blanket-"

"I know what it is, why are you doing this?"

"Well..I like my room cold, it reminds me of home so I just gave you one just in case."

"........" He stared at me and well I just ran to my bed and went to sleep, after laying there scared for a few minutes...tomorrow is The Game. I'm worried. Very. Very. Worried.