The Game Has Shifted In Favor Of The Hunter

The ground was wet and moist only moments ago but now, it was submerged by surprisingly clear water. I watched the waves, the one we were running from was nowhere to be found but that meant nothing..we needed to stay above the water as much as possible.
"Felix..breathe, you're going to be fine." Unlocking my medkit I began to clean his wound and bandage him up, The Mercenary watched over us and the water..splashing and crashing against the buildings. We were allowed to swim but so was the creature hunting us, just because she looked human didn't mean she was human or had even been human before.

Click!

At that moment we heard one good sound, our goal was to reroute power to the gates. These games deified many narratives set by basic principles, such as electricity being conducted in pockets. Death being as much of a pawn as the rest of us and more, someone finished one of our many objectives.
"Could that have been Adam? How long has it been??"

"Seven. Why?"

"Then it isn't him, Adam doesn't take that long to do objectives especially ones that deal in mechanics - CRASH -." I didn't even have time to react, The Mercenary shoved both Felix and myself to the ground just evading the creature diving out of the water.
"Was that the same beast?!"

"It's mutated! Get inside now!" I quickly stood up grabbing Felix, he was still in a trance. I could barely move him but it was absolutely zero issue for the Merc. Lifting Felix up he ran toward the building, I hurried across the bridge making sure to be careful with my balance..the bridge was slippery but we made it.

Click! Click! Click!

"Gah! Who the hell are you?"

"Get down on your knees, now. I won't ask again." A man's voice was heard as a flashlight rapidly clicked at us, we had no clue who it could've been. His voice wasn't familiar to me. The Merc didn't seem to know him and Felix was unresponsive.
"What gives you authority over us?"

Click!

He quickly showed us what gave him authority over us, a handgun was in his right hand. Due to the flashlight being down we were able to see him. He wore a police uniform which consisted of an all blue shirt and pants, with a black undershirt. Upon further examination he had armor on his shoulders, chest, back and elbows with a knife strapped to his right leg.
"Now. I need to know who you two are, names please."

"My name is Nana, Nana Roberts. This man here is Felix, please we can't be fighting amongst ourselves. There's a-"

"I know, however I had to be sure. Looking at you two I can tell you aren't doppelgangers." The man suddenly began to relax his posture and walk towards us, he would introduce himself.
"Officer Scott, we should work together. I met someone else but he chose to work alone, he sent me to find you all." I instantly knew he was talking about Adam, he always chose solo expeditions over group work.

" Adam, do you remember where he is?"

"I do, however we can't go until this water has gone down."

AAAAAAAAAHH!

A scream rang out, it was Adam's voice.

"You all stick together, focus on whatever objectives you may have. I need to find the Adversary and keep them safe."

"Are you the guard?"

"I am..are-"

"No no, Felix here is The Adversary."

"If he dies, that thing gets stronger and we all die..it's better you all keep him..here." I was stunned when Officer Scott gave us his pistol and instead took out a knife. He took out three magazines and handed them to The Mercenary.

"You're a rookie aren't you?"

"I've been through worse situations than a merc with a gun, we're a team and considering these two are alive I have reason to trust you. Keep them safe, I'll be back." With those last words Officer Scott walked past us to the bridge and dove into the water. I was fearful for him..but I'm merely a nurse, nothing I can do now. Several minutes passed and we were holed up in a room, a break..the smallest of breaks..it's been fourteen minutes since this game began. Felix's condition has improved, he's clearly becoming more aware. All I can do in this moment, is rest and hope the officer is alright.

Several Minutes Earlier

Crash! Thoom!

Swimming wasn't as ideal as one would hope but I had to do it, I gave an oath when I put this suit on. This sight is horrific, there are these things at the bottom..they look human but their skin is leathery and-
"GHN!!" Something just hit me! Where is it coming from? No time! Swim Scott Swim! My leg! I saw something, it looked like a grotesque amalgamation of a human and a fish, it had my leg in its mouth. I kicked it as hard as I could which wasn't as hard as I needed too, impairment in water was a fact after all. It began to thrash me around dragging me deep, thank whatever god can see this place for making it slow!

SHINK! SHIK!

I grabbed it by its fin and slashed it continually causing it to release me and fall off balance, I kicked off of it and frantically swam up to the surface finally grabbing air. Looking around was just water and water few buildings held salvation but there were boxes, which I swiftly climbed onto. I couldn't catch my breath, not for a second because that creature's commotion caused the creatures below it to start swimming up. Those horrific things, devoid of any facial expressions instantly seemed to gain one when looking at me, pure sadistic happiness. Showing their sharp teeth in a grin and their large white eyes, they swam at me swarming me.