The Maiden

I clenched my knife tightly, ready for what was to come. At least I had thought so.

WEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOO!!!

"Augh!" Sirens began blaring loudly, causing my head to spin and my ears to ring. I fell to my knees covering my ears in pain before I suddenly noticed, all the water was gone and so were the creatures..I looked around and noticed the floor was just wet..how did this even work?
"Ghn..what am I supposed to believe someone drank all the water away or something?" I tried to cope with all this but I had no time. I got up and began to make my way to where the screams had come from.

BZZZZZZZZZZZ!

The sound of buzzing lights were around me, there was a small building consisting of tight corridors that I had entered. The entire upper section was blocked off by furniture. I figured whatever happened up there wasn't worth investigating, no leads pointed me up there so it would've been a waste of time. Examining everything I continued to maneuver through soon hearing something..no it was someone. I heard a woman's voice, she was whispering something..it sounded like a song..inching closer I held my knife. I was right outside the room, I waited and waited until I heard the door creak open.

"We'll avoid them, once they've-"

SHINK! SWOOSH! THUD!

"Xavier!!" I heard a woman scream beside me, I held the man against the wall and noticed how he looked. He had on an outfit you'd find in an insane asylum, I looked at the woman beside me and I examined her up and down. She looked no better, a white dress that had dirt and grime all over it.

"Names. Now." I ordered pressing the knife against the man's neck, he began to squirm and seemed to start panicking.
"Quit moving."

"Stop, please! His name is Xavier Orwell, he's my patient and I'm Amanda Wendell. W-We were pulled here-"

"No one's been pulled here, everyone's come here of their own free will."

"We didn't come here!"

"....What??" I looked at the woman and felt Xavier twitch so I pushed him against the wall harder.
"Don't move. Otherwise you'll never move again. Lady explain."

"W-We were...we were in the middle of therapy for Xavier and he said he heard things. He kept complaining about it so I stepped out and then we were here. We don't know what we're doing here but we're trying our best to survive. Please don't hurt him!" She pleaded with me, however I knew this didn't add up. This Manor is inaccessible unless you get a letter, I'd know. I only got in after I got my own..she's lying but I can't waste my time with this.

"Guess that checks out, sorry. Can't take any chances especially when we're being hunted." I backed off and sheathed my knife, looking towards the woman.
"What can you do?"

"Pardon?" She looked at me like I had asked her for her number or something, I waited and stared at her.

"I'm an officer, I am good in many scenarios but we all have something. What can you do?"

"I'm not sure what you expect me to say.."

"Something."

HWAAAAAAHHH!!!

A scream rang out and I turned my head looking towards the sound.
"There."

"Get him!" As I turned my back I felt something wrap around my throat, Xavier had me in a tight lock attempting to strangle me. I acted fast and reached back, elbowing him multiple times in the side over and over and over again, feeling his grip loosen when I hit a certain spot I spun around and kicked him in the neck launching him into the wall.

"Xa-" I cut the woman off by grabbing her and holding my knife to her neck, Xavier began panicking and pleading on his knees. It sounded like he was babbling and mumbling incoherent nonsense and that was good.

"Here." I shoved the woman over to him.
"I kicked with enough force to break your neck, especially with you having nothing to defend yourself..plus that metal around your neck should've made it worse."

"What does that mean?"

"We're on the same team, if we were enemies you would be dead." I finished explaining and began to run off, I heard them mumble but I ignored it. I heard their footsteps behind me, I couldn't turn back. Not this time, not for them, not again. As I turned the corner I saw blood, crouching down I began to inspect it.

"Happened here??" I heard Xavier ask me.

"Something's hunting us, whatever it is it's gotten to the man I'm looking for before me." I stood up and followed the trail running down the halls, soon I saw him. Holding his shoulder bleeding, I rushed over to him and grabbed him.
"Adam?"

"Idiot..she-" Just as he tried to warn me I saw a spear driven through the wall he was leaning against, water began to rush out of the hole made as the spear was torn back in and then stabbed through causing more holes to be made.

"Run!!" I shouted and hoisted Adam onto my shoulder sprinting, I ran towards Xavier and Amanda who also took off running, we saw an opening and I looked over and saw it lead to the outside. I pushed Adam through, then I helped Amanda through, as I helped Xavier through I heard the sound of wood splintering and breaking just as a surge of water came through and the thing that had been chasing us grabbed me by the face, taking me away. She looked human..she looked beautiful and somehow..she looked remorseful. I snapped out of it and began to kick her hard in the side, she dropped me groaning in pain as she tried to stab me with her spear. Swiftly reacting I took out my knife and blocked her spear moving it out of the way, cutting my face. I swiftly recovered by flipping to my feet, holding my knife. I engaged her but she stayed motionless. Staring at my blood she began to hum and from the sound of it all her humming was low, it was somber, it......was sad. I saw my blood wash away in the water at our feet and saw ripples in it, were those tears?? Footsteps!

SHINK!!!!