The First Round Begins

I awoke early in the day, our game was about to begin. I couldn't stop shaking, no matter how hard I tried. Lucky for me my Mercenary gave me some things to save myself, at least...I hope these will work.

"Uhm what is this?"

"A camera, use its flash to mess with our enemy."

"Where did yo-"

"Don't start asking me so many damn questions Felix, figure it out." He wasn't nice but he wasn't the worst either, I stood there as he dressed me in some rather odd attire. I didn't understand why he dressed me so well for something this scary...I don't think the rest of our team liked it much.

"Apologies but let me get this straight Felix, you allowed him to dress you in a newsboy hat, a buttoned down white shirt, and brown pants that..have straps to them. At least you'll suffer stylishly I think..if that can even be called style."

"Adam bite your tongue, you look lovely Felix. I merely wonder if you know what you are doing honey."

"I-I do, some of my memories came back to me. Thanks to..Daniel." Upon bringing his name up I felt an air of sadness wash over us all, it seems Daniel was so much more than I remember. I feel bad I don't remember him fully. Suddenly we were escorted by some little thing? It was a small creature with a bag on its head..so tight I doubt it was breathing..it looked like a puppet.

"Game beginning soon, please wait in the waiting room."

We entered the waiting room and everyone looked at their chairs, the seats had names on each of them. I didn't get to read them all because Nana sat me down on one, then an envelope appeared on my desk. I looked around, everyone else had their own and crumpled them up. I fearfully opened mine and then checked it, it had the words on the paper, especially big bolded ones that said "The Adversary". I'm confused, what did that mean?

"Nana c-can you help me?"

"Hm? What is it Felix?"

"My paper, it says I'm "The Adversary, what does that mean?"

"Sonnova bitch.." I looked over at the Mercenary he was seated at the end of the table, hearing him swear scared me so much I just I didn't know what to expect. I had ro refer to what Adam said yesterday, he spoke of a mixed area. Water and-

"Land..aquatic cre-crea-wh-what?" I opened my eyes and I was in a small town, I looked around and saw the same metal gates from my time with Daniel. Upon further observation I couldn't see exactly what Adam was talking about, he did say it was a mixed area and that was the best information I have. I began to walk around the streets looking around and trying to figure out what the objective is, things aren't so easy alone.
"Find those little writers I think and then maybe I can get out through the gates, hm??" I saw a little hatch, it was near a wall. I walked over to it and reached out to touch it, if it could open it would be a good hiding spot if I could find out what was inside of it-
"AH!!!" I fell back in terror as a harpoon came crashing into the wall just beside me, I turned around trying to find its source. I saw it....

"Mmmmm-hm mmmmmm-hmhm." Behind me, she was right there behind me..she tracked me so effortlessly no matter how fast I ran. I'm so scared, my breathing is out of control. She kept humming, something, some kind of tune...i-it made me feel something..calm but...I couldn't help it I was too afraid. She closed in, she got closer to me and reached over to try and grab me from behind the desk. I got up and began to run as fast as I could, sprinting at full speed away from her.

"AAAAAAH!!!!" I felt a rush of pain surge through my body, her harpoon had speared me in the waist. Pain, so much pain, so much pain! I can't move! She's closing in, sh-she-|

"AAAAAAAHHHH!!" I heard her wail and a explosion was heard.

"AAAAAH!!!" Her harpoon ripped out of my hip, the pain was too much for me. I couldn't help but cry, I tried to fight the pain and stand up. Suddenly I was grabbed...by the shoes I could tell it was Nana. She lifted me up and began to run with me, I was bleeding profusely...bleeding blood. Blood blood blood blood blood blood blood blood blood blood blood blood.

"Bleeding...bleeding...Daniel! I'm sorry I'm-"

"Snap out of it Felix!" No good, he was as unresponsive as I figured. He told me a long time ago he had a fear of blood, it all just made him shut down..this is bad. If we don't hurry the sirens will start blaring soon. I know we are all victims here, we areall here for our own reasons and selfishness is the reward for us..but as a Nurse I cannot leave anyone behind. Felix is losing it, he seems to be in a state of shock from the blood.

"Hmmhm-hmmmhmmm hmmhm-hmmhmmm." She was gaining on us, Felix was just too heavy to fully carry and his phobia is causing him to lag behind even more. At this rate we'll be- in a second I saw a flash of light fly past us and the woman began to gain on us. Her humming growing louder the closer she gets, then a loud bang was heard and the smell of gunpowder and sulfur dioxide polluted the air. The woman wailed out like a siren and began to cover her face throwing a tantrum.

"Keep running!" I heard the Mercenary shout, he was up on higher ground. He always had tricks for keeping these hunters off of our backs, unrelated. I worked as best as I could to pull Felix up the stairs, poor boy..so much like a wounded animal. He kept repeating an apology to the late Daniel and holding me so tight, I feel for him. We all do. The woman's shrieks began to die down as we reached the top of the stairs the Mercenary launched down a bunch of items and furniture down the stairs to block her. However it mattered not, the sirens began to blare. Panic settling into us all.